Run 3 down! I'm a little confused!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Not a runner-yet!

Run 3 down! I'm a little confused!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I'm thrilled to have finished w1R3! Between this a some Sensa sprinkling, I've lost 6 pounds-amazing! My confusion is this, the lady speaking tells me to run every other day but the timeline tells me I should have a 2 day break between runs. What do you do?
Pumplehoober

Re: Run 3 down! I'm a little confused!

Post by Pumplehoober »

Good for you for starting and making it this far!

I run every Mon/Wed/Fri and take Sat and Sun off. It works great!

At first I was worried to take two days off in a row for fear of lapsing back into laziness, but it turns out two days off works very well at repairing your body.

Keep up the good work!!

Jonathan
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Not a runner-yet! wrote:I'm thrilled to have finished w1R3! Between this a some Sensa sprinkling, I've lost 6 pounds-amazing! My confusion is this, the lady speaking tells me to run every other day but the timeline tells me I should have a 2 day break between runs. What do you do?
Congrats on the completion of week 1 :lol: , and the weight loss. You are over your first big hurdle. I hope you are sooooo proud of yourself, you are doing great! This program and the support from the forum have been so good for me, the encouragement and the motivation has did wonders for my confidence in myself. However, I can't say I love running, but I love the feeling of accomplishing something each time. It's great!
I do the same Mon-Wed-Fri and do nothing on Sat and Sun. Every day I try to stretch though, seems to help me. I also think these are the days I will run when I'm through with this program. I have repeated a week or 2 but when I do I dont just repeat one day, I repeat the whole week, so I stay on my days schedule. So far so good for me. 3 days a week running is enough for me! :D
Linda
Jbutler

Post by Jbutler »

I too run monday Wednesday and Friday. On occasion I have moved my Friday run to a Saturday (my Fridays are very busy).

Happy running!
Bigsvig

Post by Bigsvig »

Hey, I think the 2-day break is only for the end of a week - not for between the runs within a week. And by 'week', I mean the ones designated in the app (week 1, 2, 3, etc) not the calendar week.

Hope this helps. Oh, and good job!!

-H (w4r3)