Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Thinking on week 8 eeeekk :!:
Last edited by Linda231 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cardiochick

Re: Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Cardiochick »

Starting it today. Eek!!!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I'm due to start tomorrow but I'm going to take a view on it in the afternoon as I think my left knee is damaged - walking is painful and I dread to think what the stress of running would do to it. I'm a bit miffed by it frankly.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Mr Nibbler wrote:I'm due to start tomorrow but I'm going to take a view on it in the afternoon as I think my left knee is damaged - walking is painful and I dread to think what the stress of running would do to it. I'm a bit miffed by it frankly.
Robin,
Oh no :cry: , I hope it's not damaged. Do you use a brace or some kind of support on it when you run? Hope it mends quickly for you! Robin did you stretch before your last run and after? That is an important thing we all need to remember to do, with these longer runs we could hurt or injure ourselves. Will be sending you healing thoughts across the pond!!! ;)
Linda
Last edited by Linda231 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Cardiochick wrote:Starting it today. Eek!!!
We will be waiting to hear the details. Wishing you the best, and hoping the rain holds off. It's been raining here everyday it seems. You got this. 8-)
Linda
Cardiochick

Post by Cardiochick »

Oh Robin! Terrible news!! I hope it's muscular and you get well soon. If not, heal, then get back to running. ice, ice, ice!!
I did my 28 min run today. The rain was real bad so I did it on the treadmill, setting the incline to 1. :idea: thanks for that advice.
The 3 added minutes went ok. I mean, really, we've already done an amazing 25 min so what's 3 more? Haha. "Clare " made me a little mad at the end. You know how she counts down in 5 min intervals? Well, at the last 3 min she says, "you have only 3 min to go", which translated to me " if you were on the last run of wk 7, you' d be done now". . ...
I hope that y'all feel differently than I did about that. Maybe I'm running too much. I am going to take a small break now cause I have double 12 1/2 hour shifts coming up. Next run will be Tues.
I can't wait to hear how everyone does with their 28 min run!!
Yes, you CAN DO THIS!!!! Woo-hoo!! Week 8!!!!!!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Walked the dog this morning and the knee was painful - tried a few running steps and doing W8R1 today is not an option. I hope to get back to it tomorrow or Tuesday. Looks like graduating on my birthday is not going to be a reality. Bummer.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Mr Nibbler wrote:Walked the dog this morning and the knee was painful - tried a few running steps and doing W8R1 today is not an option. I hope to get back to it tomorrow or Tuesday. Looks like graduating on my birthday is not going to be a reality. Bummer.
Awe :( that is a bummer, but try and think positive. You have come a long way in such a short time. Has this knee ever did this before? Do I remember you saying the other knee was the bad one? Take it easy!
Linda
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Yes, the other one has been the bad one - I guess I've been favouring the "good" side. As soon as I can I'll be back out and my reduce intervals if possible.

How has everyone's weekend been?
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Bad news Robin, hope it's better soon. I was looking forward to week 7 tomorrow, but what I thought were aches yesterday from running late on Friday revealed themselves today, I've got tonsillitis :(. So it's the docs for me tomorrow, and no running for a wee while, then I'll have to take a step back I guess, so graduating in about 4 weeks time looks like the best I can hop for. I can't tell you how miffed I am.