Week 4 run 3 sort of failed! Advice needed

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Runfatgirlrun

Week 4 run 3 sort of failed! Advice needed

Post by Runfatgirlrun »

Hi fellow runners!

So bit long winded but here it goes started week 4 run 1 Monday just gone did great and felt great too. W4 r2 struggled but did it w4 r3 only managed 2 short runs (only just about) and half the first 5 min run but none of the second. The weather didn't help pounding rain and wind!!

So my question do I redo the whole week, next week or retry run 3 tomorrow?
sunshine35114

Re: Week 4 run 3 sort of failed! Advice needed

Post by sunshine35114 »

Similar thing happened to me, just couldn't finish the second 5 mins on r3 w4. My legs were really hurting, so I'm gonna have 3/4 days off then probably run another 2 runs from w4, and see how it goes. Anyone else had a similar problem ?
Runfatgirlrun

Post by Runfatgirlrun »

Well I've decided not to go. I've woke up feeling like I've done 10 rounds with mike tyson! I'm going to re run week 4 next week and see how I feel!? Any advice would be greatly received!
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Runfatgirlrun wrote:Well I've decided not to go. I've woke up feeling like I've done 10 rounds with mike tyson! I'm going to re run week 4 next week and see how I feel!? Any advice would be greatly received!
That's exactly what I would do too. You didn't fail. Remember that your body will get stronger with each run. Your building up your endurance when you repeat. Stay strong and think positive, you can do this :!:

Linda :)
Runfatgirlrun

Post by Runfatgirlrun »

Thanks! Can't believe I'm worrying about not completing the runs!! Which on the flip side is good that I am worried it shows I want to do this and not let myself down! Onwards and upwards!!
LindaC

Post by LindaC »

I'll also chime in that this is not a fail! Celebrate that you're already on week 4 and still running :) I've missed some runs because I wasn't quite ready to move on or I had an activity that day and decided to re-run the runs from the previous week before I moved on to a longer run. Usually I was really glad I did because I felt stronger that next week and more ready to do the longer run at the end of the week. I'm finding more and more that I do what works best for me and celebrate the small strides forward. Good luck as you continue!
Bigsvig

Post by Bigsvig »

Hey, in my opinion the most important thing to decide is to not let yourself get discouraged. I had an abysmal w4r1 and r2 and suddenly r3 was fine. I have no clue why it got rough and less why it got better. I look back and see I had a million reasons that all boiled down to panic - so please don't get discouraged. Hang in there. If I did it - anyone can! :D
sunshine35114

Post by sunshine35114 »

Thanks Bigsvig, it's still eluding me but I'm not gonna stop until I can do it again (three times in a row), then I'll move onto week 5. But I am so determined, and thanks for the post :-)
Runfatgirlrun

Post by Runfatgirlrun »

Thanks everyone I think I just need to recover for a little longer I'm going to leave 2 days until run 3. I managed week 5 run 1 and was so happy!! Off to do run 2 in a minute!
sunshine35114

Post by sunshine35114 »

Runfatgirlrun wrote:Thanks everyone I think I just need to recover for a little longer I'm going to leave 2 days until run 3. I managed week 5 run 1 and was so happy!! Off to do run 2 in a minute!
Well done, bet u were elated :D :D :D