Week 1 run 1 !!!!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jlc0305

Week 1 run 1 !!!!!!

Post by Jlc0305 »

Just finished first run week one. :-( rained but kept going. So unfit, back ache and shin splints. Walked out leg pain but have a mountain to climb. Think I might have to repeat week one again next week.
yayifications

Re: Week 1 run 1 !!!!!!

Post by yayifications »

I felt awful after doing my first run! I started last Tuesday and completed week 1 on Saturday and it did get considerably easier, but still not easy enough for me to feel confident to start week 2 yet! I too am going to repeat week 1. Well done for getting started! :D
LindaC

Post by LindaC »

Congrats on running your first run! Just getting started can be hard and you've already moved past that hurtle. Take it slow and at your own pace, doing a week over is perfectly fine if you don't feel ready to move on. I've found that by going slow I actually look forward to my "runs" and figure I can always increase the pace at a later date. Running W6R1 tomorrow and I NEVER would have thought I'd continue after such a rough first few weeks. The app and encouragement here are amazing. Keep up the good work!
Jlc0305

Post by Jlc0305 »

Thank u for the encouragement xx. Will tackle day 2 on Wednesday :-)
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Keep going! It does get easier as you build stamina. Don't do all the runs or repeat a day or week. You started - that's the celebration!
circlesnstripes

Post by circlesnstripes »

I started week one, run one yesterday as well. I too am not in great shape but looking forward to getting healthy. Best of luck!
Megparry

Post by Megparry »

I've just done my first run and although It wasn't as scary as I thought, it's made me realise how unfit I am!!!
Here's to run 2 on Saturday!! :-/
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Those of us a few weeks into the programme witter on about how many minutes, how difficult etc but thinking back the hardest run for me to get out and do, and therefore show some commitment, was W1R1, so very very well done. Good luck.
Mummyrita

Post by Mummyrita »

I have just completed W1R2. I started using the app sporadically a few months ago but I have been too lazy/busy/tired to do it properly and didn't get past week 4 because I wasn't doing it regularly enough. So on Tuesday I managed to get my neighbour to do it with me - on the condition we started back at week 1. We have agreed to make each other stick it out for the 9 weeks, then at the end of it leave the kids with our husbands and go out for a girlie movie night.

I have a 5 yo, 3 yo and 10 mth old, so we'll see how we go with early morning runs - I'm still getting up overnight.

It's winter here (Australia) and so hopefully the weather won't defeat us (my friend refuses to run in the rain).