Behind my week 8 buddies.... STILL on week 7!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lauraeliza30

Behind my week 8 buddies.... STILL on week 7!

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Hi everyone! I am still around just haven't posted in a bit. I am now even further behind then all my buddies for various reasons. Last Monday, I started a new job and beteween my personal life and the new job finding the balance has been tough. Before last Monday, I was on a layoff so I could do this program whenever I liked. I ran as usual last Wed. and on friday when I went to do squeeze in run 2 before a personal obligation a little later in the evening (think run, shower, and get to where I needed to be in a total of 1.5 hours) and it was really hot.... too hot for me to be running. I think had I stayed in shady areas I could have done it, but I think I convinced myself it was too hot and gave into the fear of it being to hot and stopped my run at about 7 minutes into it. I ended up walking and running from time to time and just headed home feeling defeated. It was the first time my brain over took everything. Total BUMMER attempt at week 7 run 2.

Today was the first chance I had to give it a go again. And I got it done and the break didn't set me too far back. I was a little slower, but not enough for it to bother me much.... still doesn't make me very happy! Hopefull, I am finding the balance and will get back in my groove.

I am heading over to the week 8 thread now, and am looking forward to hearing from my other running buddies!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Behind my week 8 buddies.... STILL on week 7!

Post by Mr Nibbler »

We're all still here. Don't get too downcast - Simon and I will probably be joining in the new timeline. I am unlikely to run W8R1 until Sunday at the earliest. Good news about your new job - I hope it goes well for you.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

I'm even further back, since I stopped at the end of week 6, and I'm currently on antibiotics until Monday, I'm hoping to start wk 6 again on Monday. Just climbing the stairs last Monday felt like wk5 run3!
I'm hoping to be back up to pace pretty quickly, but I'm not going to push it and end up ill again.
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

The important thing is through injury, sickness, and life curve balls we haven't given up! For me, that is a huge accomplishment in itself..... still finding the time to do this even when it is isn't as convenient! I feel my personality changing for the better so there is so much this program offers then just being physically fit! It is truly a total package program!