Think I'm gonna repeat week 7 or at least part of it....

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lauraeliza30

Think I'm gonna repeat week 7 or at least part of it....

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I think I will do week 7 again! As a previous posted said, I struggled all through week 7 from waiting too longs between runs to not finishing two of them. The second non finished run was my run three of the week which was today. I stopped running at about 18 minutes. I ran and walked after I stopped, but I had a stomach cramp, a leg cramp, a back cramp.... I was just a mess on today's run. I usually push through but week 7 has been an uphill battle. I think the only solution is to give it another try.... stick to the time schedule of when I should be running and not skipping too many days. I guess I shouldn't beat myself up too bad as I haven't had to repeat any weeks until now.... at least it is week 7 when the time isn't increasing drastically in the next few weeks. Maybe if I do the entire week (i was thinking of just repeating two runs if I can complete them both with more ease) I can at least get a little faster and maybe cover a tiny more distance. BUT, I think part of tonight's problem is I wanted so bad to cover more distance and I pushed too hard too fast. However, my turn around point was only a tiny bit further then my previous run's turn around point as I felt I was pushing harder until the halfway point. Oh well, who knows I could examine and examine and never come up with the reason why I struggled so much tonight.
fabrisky

Re: Think I'm gonna repeat week 7 or at least part of it....

Post by fabrisky »

they are bad days and there always will be. Sometimes you really wanna go out and do a great run and you struggle, other time you don't wanna go for a run but you end up with a great one, you never know and That's the beauty of it.

C25K is great, but i never finished it completely, from week 7 or 8 it was too hard for me, so I played it by ear and ran 20 min for a while. When I felt at ease with 20 min I tried 25 then 28 and so on. After a year and half since I started C25K, I can run 45 to 50 min if it's a good day, but I still do a 20 min run once a week ;)

In my opinion if you were able to do the run 3 of week 5 you are a runner, like the little voice told you. You can try to do again week 7 and see how it goes, if you still can't mange, you might go back to a 20 min run or so, and increase slowly.

For me the program is truly amazing, but it's only here to get you started. Since you have started and almost finished, might be time to make your own program.

That being said, time for me to go for an early run, my 20 min one. it's about 5h30 AM here in france, the sun is rising slowly, no cloud, a little breeze, sound like a perfect run but you never know :D

Anyway good luck, and keep it up.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

In my opinion, the difference, between wk7and8 is only 3 minutes, so, I would, just write off a bad run, learn from experience about proper pacing, and move forward, who cares how slowly you do it, as long as you keep going, you can worry about speed after week 9.
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Thanks for the tips. I think it is the way my brain works.... on a lot of things I see things as rules that must be followed. I see the app as rules and the only way I can move forward with the next run is to complete the entire week before. LOL, I know it may sound bizarre but it is just my brain. I know logically week 7 and week 8 are separated by 3 minutes but my brain won't let me move on to week 8 because it keeps saying I haven't truly completed week 7! I am so quirky.
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Did a quick 1 mile run on the treadmill (ha that is fun to say..... ) as I have been running outside. It was a break day and shouldn't be running at all but was curios to see how I would do on the treadmill. Where I left off the treadmill a few weeks ago I would never have been able to run a mile like I just did! That alone made me feel less bad about struggling with week 7! I didn't do much more as I should be resting not running!