R1W2 fail

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
bex17

R1W2 fail

Post by bex17 »

I made the mistake of only waiting an hour and a half after my dinner before going on this run. It all started well and I completed the first minute and a half and felt so amazingly good for manageing to jog (I cant pretend it was a run as it was pathetic really lol) I felt so good and then it went downhill. I managed 3 of the runs and then started to feel so bloated and sick I had to cut each jog right down and do just little bursts.
Feeling a bit of a plonker for not going for my run before dinner as now I feel Ive wasted one of my run days and have now got to wait till Sunday to try again.
Im running out of time before my race for life and cant see me being able to run it at all and dont want to walk it. grrrr at myself :D
Simongeorge

Re: R1W2 fail

Post by Simongeorge »

Don't beat yourself up. We all have good days and bad days. The main thing is you know why you went wrong. Learn from your mistake and move on. Don't worry, you will get there.
chriskaraokeman

Post by chriskaraokeman »

Yeah what's done is done, ahead of you are endless possibilities, you CAN do this !
yayifications

Post by yayifications »

I failed week 2 run 1 too. I tried it on Thursday and as soon as I began the first run my ankle was KILLING me. Like I literally couldn't go on or I would have collapsed because putting pressure on it hurt so much. It still hurts me now and I hoped to do my second attempt on Sunday but now I feel awful because I can't and I don't want to make it worse. :cry: I wish I knew why it was hurting me!
bex17

Post by bex17 »

its awful isnt it how we beat ourselves up really isnt it. My husband came with me this afternoon for my 2nd run of week 2 and again I managed the first run but after that I only managed a minute of each run. Soooo disapointed, but on a positive note my hubby gave me a couple of pointers after noticing I dont stick to a certain pace (which throws me totally) and my breathing is a problem. Dont really know how to sort that bit but Im gonna keep on trying and battle thru the pain I get in my knees and shins and hope that gets better.
I notice that pl on here say with each run its gets easier. I cant wait for that to happen :lol:
I hope your ankle is ok, best to rest it as you dont want to do more damage. Itll be worth it in the end xx
Im so glad I found this forum its so helpful.