Week 9 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Week 9 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

It's Sunday night, just thinking on tomorrows first run of the week, :shock: Thinking how proud I am of our friend Sue who did The Color Run. I wanna try and do this in Dec. but I hope I can get faster than I have been running.
Linda
Not a runner-yet!

Re: Week 9 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Good luck in your last week Linda! I'm rooting you on!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

A big week Linda - well done for being first of our group there. I have to say Sue's colour (yes, spelling...I know) looked like a lot of fun.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

:( 10 min in and my lower back was giving me trouble, pushed on and stopped at 28 min. I'm gonna repeat week 8 the rest of this week. I was really not liking the running this morning. Felt stiff in my muscles and bones. Just did not feel at my best today. So how is everyone else's progress?
Linda
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Hi Linda! Congrats on making it this far! And if you need to repeat week then do it. It is amazing how those extra few minutes tacked on can seem so huge! I am still stuck on week 7! I just can't seem to complete 3 25 minute runs in any given week. I am pretty sure it is all in my head and I cant' grasp what my problem is. I did some running on the treadmill on Friday and Sunday. I made no attempt to do the full 25 minutes because the treadmill seems like an enemy now in the boredom factor. It is funny that I started the program on the treadmill and now the thought of having to use it is a huge mental block! I am pleased with my ability to go a little faster and my stamina on the treadmill though. I just wish I could find the same ease outside right now. I am just in a big mental block wall type situation. I will keep at it, but I am scared I may be at week 7 forever! LOL.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

It's Wednesday and I should have run, but I didn't run this morning, my back is still bugging me. I have a question for anyone. Do you take anything for your bones or joints? If so what do you take? Curious as to how everyone is doing, I hope your almost mended and ready to run. I'm a little disappointed in my 9th, but I'm sure it will pass when my back feels better. :D
Stay strong guys, rootin for ya!
Linda, from across the Pond.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Hi Linda,
I've wondered about joint pain myself. My knees and ankles pain me sometimes and I've never had pain in them before. I'm from the US and Costco has a joint pain reliever my brother swears by. I'm going today to find some and I'll let you know the name and if it works. Take care of that back!
Sheri
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Not a runner-yet! wrote:Hi Linda,
I've wondered about joint pain myself. My knees and ankles pain me sometimes and I've never had pain in them before. I'm from the US and Costco has a joint pain reliever my brother swears by. I'm going today to find some and I'll let you know the name and if it works. Take care of that back!
Sheri
Thanks Sheri,
I dont have a Costco here in my town, but I do have Sam's. Let me know what you find out, Maybe Sam's will have it.
Thanks so much for responding to my question.
Linda
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I think joint pain comes as part of the territory with beginning running. I have heard glucosemine helps with knee pain. I think you have to take it for about three weeks before you will begin to notice a difference. You can find it in the vitamin section!
Cardiochick

Post by Cardiochick »

Hi! I'm back home. Linda, I use Glucosamine 1500 mg /Chondroitin 1200 mg combo vitamin from Walmart. Spring Valley is the brand. I've been taking 2 daily for years and swear by it. I take it for bad knees. Yes, it takes about 3 weeks to see the difference. I hope you feel better soon.
Sooo... I ran my 5k last Sat. 32 min!! Yes!! I am pretty proud. Thanks for all the encouragement :). I really think having a goal to work towards helps. Now that my goal is over, I'm like " ok, I guess I'll run today. But I don't have to push for anything now". My run today was BAD! I don't know if it's because I lifted weights at the gym 1st, but I didn't feel like running after I ran for 5 min.on the treadmill. I ran a total of 15 min. Then quit. Yep. Just stopped. That's not like me. Not sure what's going on.
I hope it was just a fluke.