Just started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
TTGirl1960

Re: Just started

Post by TTGirl1960 »

I did week 2 run 1 tonight and it was not good - I really struggled. I suspect I'll be repeating this week too. I'll try again on Thurs hopefully I'll do a bit better. I must admit I find it easier at the weekend rather than after a days work. I'm going to keep going tho!
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

2nd run of week 3. Managed it but it is hard, how did you get on bex? Looked at week 4, don't know why just wanted to scare myself I think. 5 mIns and 3 mins oh my god think I may be stuck on week 3 for a while. Never mind I'm enjoying it and losing a little weight too!!!! Keep going everyone. :)
escocia38

Post by escocia38 »

I love running in light rain at this time of year. Nice and cooling! :)
Saharafun28

Post by Saharafun28 »

I just finished day 2 of week one, and that minute
seems very long. It's nice to read that it get's
better.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Decided to repeat week 2, week 3 looked too scary. Repeated run 1 week 2 today and it felt easier. I have not lost any weight yet though :cry: has anyone noticed any change in body shape? I am hoping for a miracle! Legs, abs and arms minus the wobbly bits.
bex17

Post by bex17 »

I managed to complete week 3 Plummy :D I did my 3rd run on Saturday and to be honest I think Im more than petrified of starting week 4 lol.
Ive been good and rested since saturday apart from the gym and I nearly went for a run today but changed my mind when I tried running to my car and couldnt hardly lift my legs let alone run :?
I think its cos of a cold Ive started and everything feels heavy.
So anyway Im gonna leave my run till tomorrow eve (dare I say this and hope it rains too, I love running in the rain)and Im deffinately going to repeat week 3(as Im too much of a scaredy cat to try week 4 yet)
Anyway 'yay us!!' for getting this far :lol:
bex17

Post by bex17 »

P.S Ive not lost ANY weight yet but Ive definately gone down 1 dress size possibly 2. My body shape has changed so much, Ive now got a much flatter tummy and my saddlebags are shifting ( does a silly dance round the room 'yay me')
Im not sure if its a myth or not but Ive been told fat turns to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. So thats what Im choosing to believe :lol:
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

I am in total agreement about muscle weighing more than fat. I can get my belt done up tighter now. Well done for losing 2 dress sizes hope that happens to me. I ran in light rain this morning it was great.
We're all doing fantastic, all at our own pace, which is how it should be we're all different. I must admins I am quite enjoying it and can't wait for my next run
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Hey all completed w3r1 today really proud I managed 3 mins w4 looks so scary tho since I struggled with completing the 2 nd 3 min run only managed it as I'd overtook some walkers and was determined not to walk infront of them (despite my breathless excuse me lol) how have you all found it?

(edited due to typo)
bex17

Post by bex17 »

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!!!!!! I am gobsmacked, flabbergasted and amaaaazed!! Ive been dreading this week 4 run 1 and you lot are keeping me going like you wouldnt believe. I know I keep saying this but having some one to try and keep up with on this forum is what keeps me going. Plummy, Im right behind ya!! lol woohooo.
Im forever in shock that to think just a couple of weeks back I could only manage 50 secounds at a time.
Heres to us lot! :lol: