Just started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Plummy

Just started

Post by Plummy »

Just started last week did week 2 run 1 today. Really loving it even though i got soaking wet running around the local fields. At least nobody can see me.
bex17

Re: Just started

Post by bex17 »

haha, I tend to go once its dark so no one can see me, I go very pink and very sweaty and can guarantee Ill bump into someone I know lol :D
Jbutler

Post by Jbutler »

I find that whenever I notice someone is outside their house I always pick up my pace, I secretly hope that there will be lots of people outside watching me, but I dread everytime I see someone.

Keep at it, you'll look back in a few weeks and be amazed at your progress. I just completed week 7 run 1, and im getting anxious to finish the program!
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

I can only imagine week 7 and hope I have the stamina to get there. Can't wait to run tomorrow, hope this enthusiasm stays with me it makes it much easier.
I'm not sure I look pink and puffy when I run more like a fish flapping about out of water. I will get there though I am determined!!
chriskaraokeman

Post by chriskaraokeman »

I am about to start week 2 tommorow ,really looking forward to it!
Samantha Seymour

Post by Samantha Seymour »

I started this week, second run done today.. Legs aching! Can't imagine actually imagine running..
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

Just realised today that my legs weren't aching nearly as much as when I started so it's getting easier. Keep going!!!
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Ive had to repeat week 1 and an hoping week 2 revisited will be better, I can only dream of manageing week 7 its seems sooooooooo far away :D
TTGirl1960

Post by TTGirl1960 »

Bex, Just wanted to say that I've just started too and had to repeat week 1. I'll be doing the third run tonight - it seems easier than the first time of doing it - but I can't imagine getting to week 4 let alone 7. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing! ;)
ssdguy

Post by ssdguy »

Just wanted to give you some tips that might help out(standard disclaimer: not professional advice, at your own risk). I'm on week 7 and wish I knew this stuff earlier (can't believe i'm on week 7, but its a lot of fun)

1. Get new running shoes & get fitted for them. I bought some brooks shoes at a running store, it makes a HUGE difference
2. Ice is your friend
3. Stretch and warm up, especially stretch after running.
4. Have fun.