Week 1 second run....another newbie.

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
hammeredk

Re: Week 1 second run....another newbie.

Post by hammeredk »

Screech,
Just keep going. I have found the second day of each week easiest. Third days sometimes harder than second day. First days are tough. But, be sure if you haven't run much ( I had not), to work on form and as everyone says, listen to your body.

I hit week 2...second day....and tried to run through knee pain. I ended up really messing up my left knee. Had to stop everything for two weeks then started back right where I left off. In the recovery time I did a lot of reading/ learning about form...and a bunch of other stuff (natural/minimalist running and so forth). Got new shoes.

Today I completed the week 3 day 1 runs successfully. But I could have been farther along had I listened to my body and paced myself better.

Pause when you need to. Nothing like being outside, even with those insects!
Pejm

Re: Week 1 second run....another newbie.

Post by Pejm »

Just finished week 1 run 1. And actually I don't feel too bad. Fortunately I live by a country park and hence did not attempt the pavement I'd never have known not too. Stopped twice once mid run cos I had too and once about 30 secs before end of a walk cos I could tell if I didn't I would have to again. I was shattered and took 30 mins to recover but right now I feel fine. What did I learn. Turn round when the nice lady tells you. I ended doing a ten minute warm down.