Week 4 run2 worried

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Not a runner-yet!

Week 4 run2 worried

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I had to skip my run yesterday because of high winds and smoke from fires so I ran today. I found this to be the hardest run yet. I'm not sure if it's due to not running yesterday, the heat (80's) or what. I'm worried about giving up. Had that thought for the first time yesterday. My knees are still hurting at times during the runs but eases as I go farther. I'm probably not stretching enough so I'll work harder at that. Thanks forum for letting me air my woes!
starknut

Re: Week 4 run2 worried

Post by starknut »

Sometimes you just have days where your runs are terrible. It's discouraging, but don't let one crappy day get you too down!
Jeweleechicks

Re: Week 4 run2 worried

Post by Jeweleechicks »

I remember that w4 was really hard for me. In fact, I did it twice because I just didn't think I was progressing. My knees also hurt during that time. After running it twice, and still no success, I decided to just move on. Now I just finished week 7 and ran for 25 minutes today (with no knee pain whatsoever). I never thought that I would be able to run for 25 minutes, but every week your stamina gets better and better. It's amazing!! Keep going. You can do it!!