Weight loss!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
fatguy

Re: Weight loss!

Post by fatguy »

About to do w4r3 and have experienced zero weightloss through these 4 weeks. (need to lose about 30lbs) Admittedly have not changed my diet, but I thought for sure I would get some results in this area going from doing nothing to this program. Is this normal? Will my body adjust at some point and start losing? Anyone similar out there? Substantial weight to lose and very discouraged! I thought this was my ticket to results. As another poster said, they were so focused on running the weight loss was a bonus. Help!
starknut

Post by starknut »

I've been running for a year now, and I have not lost a single pound. However, I have definitely, noticeably, slimmed down. Muscle is more dense than fat, so you may lose fat and gain muscle, which will make you look slimmer, and actually notice that you have gained weight. Don't worry about it! Getting fit isn't about being skinny.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I've tried to lose weight but I still stay the same... Grr! But, after 5 weeks of running I feel better, I have more energy and stamina, and I don't worry about it so often. I'm sure, over time the weight will come off. Your will too!