Week 2 and mind games

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
escocia38

Week 2 and mind games

Post by escocia38 »

Struggled through run 1 of week 2 this morning and was a real fight against the mind games - since the runs increased to two mins. Sometimes had some real problems trying not to think of how many seconds left but just about managed it without giving up.
Hopefully run 2 will be easier.
SheilaM

Re: Week 2 and mind games

Post by SheilaM »

I did run 1 of week 2 on Wednesday and didn't find it too bad, but my app says 1.5 minutes running and 2 minutes walking :?
Was gonna do run 2 today but I did a Fitball class yesterday after missing 3 weeks cos of being on holiday, and my muscles are screaming so I thought I'd best rest them. Would really like to get into a Monday Wednesday Friday Routine.

Hope run 2 felt better for you!
escocia38

Post by escocia38 »

Hi Sheila,
Yes - sorry! My mistake - 1.5 mins (although felt like 2!) :)
Finished run 3 today so Week 2 out of the way. Week 3 sounds challenging with 3 min runs! HELP!
Still, 3 days off now to recover and get ready!
SheilaM

Post by SheilaM »

Great job escocia38!

I'm gonna do run2/week2 on Monday then run 3 on Wednesday and see how I feel after Fitball class next week!

Feeling quite inspired reading around the posts here!
Jax

Post by Jax »

Hi, I have decided to repeat week 2 as the thought of running for 3 mins was too scary. Just repeated run 1 week 2 and I did find it easier than last week, I too was focusing on the seconds! I have changed the music I listen too and I now find myself singing and not counting, good luck everyone. Looking forward to hopefully losing weight, no evidence of that yet though :cry: