W5 R3 - 20 mins

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Re: W5 R3 - 20 mins

Post by Linda231 »

Redders wrote:I did it! I actually did it and ran 20 mins straight without stopping. Honestly I can't stop talking about it, you'd think I'd just won an Olympic gold medal or something!! Still it's a big achievement for me as 5 weeks ago I could just about run a minute. Now today I ran 20 and in the 30 mins slot I covered 3.99 km so in another few weeks 5km in 30 mins now seems possible. This programme is really motivational!!
That is Awesome Redders, you are doing great!
Linda
michele97

Post by michele97 »

Way to go Redders! I can't even imagine doing the 20 minute run. I'm in week 4 and still struggling through the 5 minute runs, but listening to stories from people like you really motivates me!
Michele
Redders

Post by Redders »

Thks for all the comments, I knew all you guys would totally get it! Way to go DebL I was wondering how your 20 min run went. So glad you completed means we can both move onto week 6. I know what you mean about the prompts keeping you going. I was just about ready to stop a couple of times when the well timed prompt spurs you on. It is definitely psychological!!! Oh well here's to week 6, keep posting and also look forward to read how everyone else's w5r3 goes.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Truer words were never spoken! This forum is like a new drug! I crave it after every run! I am humbled by everyone's accomplishments and trials. I'm amazed by my own accomplishment and can't believe I'm at week 5. I've never finished any program like this, I've never made it past week 3 of anything! Thank you everyone!
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I just finished my 20 minutes!!! I'm so excited! I can't believe I made it! I was tired before I began so I was a little worried, but I was able to do it! I even felt I could have run a few more minutes! Such a great feeling! :-)
bex17

Post by bex17 »

^^^^^^thats so true. This forum is amazing and I don't think I'd be at week 4 without it honestly. I go home after each run buzzing cos of what I amm managing to achieve. But when you get in the door and share how great/bad the run went and you get no reaction cos they just don't get it, then this place has it all. Love it and I can't wait till I reach what you've just got too.
It so funny , it's seems impossible when you do your first week. :D
RebekahJane

Post by RebekahJane »

Contratulations. I will be doing my W5R3 today and I am actually excited. I used to hate running but now that I can see the benefits both mentally and physically and the fact that I can just zone out and not worry about anything is great. :D