End of Week One :)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
NervousNewbie

End of Week One :)

Post by NervousNewbie »

Woooohooooo! I've reached the end of week one! :) :) :) :)

So pleased, I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm happy I've actually managed to stick with it for a week.

I'm going to try week two next week but if that's too much then I'll re-do week one. I do find I struggle with my breathing. On the treadmill I always breathed in for 4 then out for 4 and it worked nicely but I find the hardness of the concrete makes my breathing too jumpy and I try to keep it smooth, if that makes sense. Maybe I just have to go with it? Also I always get a sore throat when I run, always have. Maybe I should get up that little bit earlier and take an antihistimine I'm sure that will help a bit.

Anyway that's that! I do have one questions, how come there is a 2 day break at the end of each week? Would it be bad to rest tomorrow then run the following day instead? That would work for me.

Thank you! :)

Vicki
benjohn

Re: End of Week One :)

Post by benjohn »

:-) You can skip the extra rest day if you want, don't worry.
keeleyboo

Post by keeleyboo »

Congrats on finishing week 1! I was elated when I was able to complete W1R1! Keep up the good work and you will be amazed how much stronger you are feeling after each week. I am at W4R2 (again). Sunday will be W4R3 and anxious to see how W5 goes. I keep telling myself that I am a runner now when I was a die hard walker just a short 5 weeks ago!
Likeacat

Post by Likeacat »

Congrats to both of you for your accomplishments!
Today was my W1R3 and I am also pleased with myself. This wonderful app makes all the difference.:)
NervousNewbie

Post by NervousNewbie »

Well I didn't go out this morning as we had such a busy day and late night yeaterday I just couldn't do it. May go tonight or tomorrow morning. I find it impossible that my fitness has improved in just 3 sessions so am doubtful that I'll manage week 2 well to be honest. We will see! I feel that I must have lost some of the good work by having so much rest between.