Week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Plummy

Week 5 run 3

Post by Plummy »

Yay!!!! Did w5 r3 today and it was good 2nd run seemed better than the 1st. As I had about a 10 min walk home I ran an extra 3 mins or so during the initial cool down. Do you know I'm really starting to believe I can do the next run. 20 mins non stop!! Let you know on Monday. Fingers crossed!!!! :D
DebL66

Re: Week 5 run 3

Post by DebL66 »

You can! I swear so much of it is mental. Once you do your 20 minutes you will look at 10 min intervals and say to yourself "oh, only 10 min? I can do that easily!"
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Great job! I just finished my 20 minutes this week. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! Just did week 6 run 1 today and found that hard. But it's hot as blazes here and I'm sure that was the problem. Good for you and keep running!!
fatguy

Post by fatguy »

Completed W5r2 today! 2nd run much more comfortable than the 1st. I actually made the second run about 3-4 minutes longer by accident. I looked down at my smartphone during the 2nd run expecting to see 3-4 minutes remaining...shocked to see 7:24 remaining! I accidentally paused the run! After calculating when I would "allow" myself to call this run finished, I decided to power through! No stops! My 2nd run was probably 11-12 minutes. 5 weeks ago 1 minute was a struggle! Keep at it everyone, this can be done! Of course, this is easy for me to say until I get past the 20 minute run coming up next on Tuesday! We shall see....