My first 5k (race for life) tomorrow! Eeeek

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
bex17

My first 5k (race for life) tomorrow! Eeeek

Post by bex17 »

Ok now I'm starting to get nervous. I know it won't be a run as such, it'll be bursts of 3-5 min runs and walks in between but I'm still nervous. How daft :oops:
Simongeorge

Re: My first 5k (race for life) tomorrow! Eeeek

Post by Simongeorge »

Good luck, we're all behind you. I hope the weather is kind to you. Let us know how it goes.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Have a great time! Good luck!!
bex17

Post by bex17 »

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! yay
We had sunny weather and very slippery muddy course but we managed to do it in 39 mins. Im so chuffed! Considering when you do these events you get stuck behind many ppl walking and you have to dodge around loads and cant really get into a proper pace I am well chuffed with the time we did it in. BIIIIG SMILIES :D :D :D
Definatly will do next years now. Such an emotional day and me and my sister blubbed our lil hearts out but fantastic day. Now all I have to do is survive a yearly visit from my mother in law! now that IS scarey :shock:
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

Well done bex. That's a good time well done. I'm definatly going to do next years, it should give me the incentive to keep running although at the moment I don't need an incentive as I'm loving it.
I have to agree with you mother in law or 5k run I'd take the run any day.
Well done again. :D
starknut

Post by starknut »

Congrats, Bex! I agree with you, faced with the choice of a 5k run or a visit from the MIL, the run wins out every time!
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Well done! That's a really good time. I won't be doing a race for life for obvious reasons (I'm a man) and as for my MiL, I'd prefer her to my own parents anyday, running 5k from her does seem a little drastic but understandable on times!
bex17

Post by bex17 »

hahaha, well I still had to see the mother out law as they turned up after we got home but Im buzzing so much it didnt matter.
Im still buzzing now hours later, feel so good and its made me realise that my stamina is sooo much better than when I first started this program.
From someone that hated running right from when I was a lil girl I find running now a mind clearing fabulous time that Im blessed Im able to do.
Ok Im not the fastest and yes I still have to take breathers but Im luvving it! And if it wasnt for my lil family here (this site) I wouldve stopped ages ago xxxx
If I can do it anyone can do it!!
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Well done! You should feel proud of yourself xx
TTGirl1960

Post by TTGirl1960 »

Really pleased for you Bex - well done.