Restart C25K

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
fionamcc

Restart C25K

Post by fionamcc »

:o
I completed this programme two years ago and loved it - could not believe the difference it made in my life....then things got in the way and in May I fractured my shoulder so no running - the result is over 2 stone weight gain and I don't feel as good as I did....so today I started again in the excellent London raining conditions....just need the motivation to stick with it !!
Chrissyteacup

Re: Restart C25K

Post by Chrissyteacup »

If youve managed it once I'm sure you will again
fionamcc

Post by fionamcc »

Thank you Chrissy - shoulder still fractured so trying to take it slowly but I think this is the best programme. How are you getting on??
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Well I did w4 r1 yesterday was quite worried about managing for 5 muns but went surprisingly well :)

Just make sure you don't over strech yourself and hurt your shoulder since running isn't known to be low impact ;)
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Omg I am in the same situation it seems harder second time round !!
pinkglow

Post by pinkglow »

Perhaps it only feels more difficult because you're comparing it with how you felt at your peak? You must have fond memories of running once you'd mastered the programme before - but may have brushed aside thought of how hard it was initially. I'm sure it will come back soon :)
fionamcc

Post by fionamcc »

Stopped running for a few weeks after a fall but back and enjoying it now ...only up to week four though!! How are the rest of you doing??