Im getting so behind :(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
bex17

Im getting so behind :(

Post by bex17 »

After having weeks of good runs ( ok Ive repeated some weeks) Im falling behind.
Last week should have been the start of week 5 for me but found doing just 3 mins again impossible. Ridiculous really because Id managed it fine the week before. So anyway thought Id repeat week 4.
The 2nd run of the week was just as bad as I could barely manage 3 mins without stopping. So anyway I thought stop! give yourself more rest days. ie. 2 days rest instead of 1.
Well anyway today I should ve done a run but havent had the time to stop let alone run.
What on earth am I doing wrong peeps??? I thought I was doing so well and now Im already 2 weeks behind and thinking Im going to have to repeat week 4 AGAIN.. not a happy chicky here :cry:
I need some positice vibes.
Chrissyteacup

Re: Im getting so behind :(

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Aww bex don't get disheartened you've just hit a little blip! I read (somewhere) whilst looking at running stuff on the web ( how sad/obsessed am I?) that generally people have a bad run before a dramatic improvement wish I could remeber where now to help with your positive vibes! You've come this far chin up it'll get better :)
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

I had a blip in the middle of the program, due to illness, work, etc I took 2weeks off then did 1 run per week for2 weeks befor jumping straight back in where I'd left off, I was a little bit slower but I managed it, and tomorrow I start week9. If I can do it, so can you. It's meant to be fun and life enhancing so don't give yourself a hard time over it. Relax and give yourself a break, stressing over it will only make things worse.
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Thanks guys, yr positive words mean a lot.
I'm just getting ready to go out for a run as its not raining too bad at the mo and I'm really busy with work this afternoon/evening so best to get it done.
I know I'll enjoy it when I get out there it always clears my head, love it!
I've had more of a rest so fingers crossed this one should be good :D
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Nope, for some reason even worse. I refuse to give up though. :x very strange
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Maybe next on will be better :)
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Maybe you are over thinking it and freaking yourself out. Change your music, run a different route and don't look at your feet. If you feel tired, slow down but don't stop, then turn your music up louder. Do anything to keep your mind off the running. Repeat poems in your head, math facts, count, write a letter to someone- whatever you can do do think if other things. You Can Do This! You've come this far and you will not stop! Hypnotize yourself if you need to, there are good apps out there. You can do it!
Sheri in Idaho
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

I agree you can do it. Definatly change the music and lose yourself, clear your head and remember this is your time to clear your mInd.
Good luck :D :D
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Wow thank you guys, sounds good to me :D
Anyone got any good sounds to reccomend? I must admit I need to update my music it's sooooo old, I haven't changed my music in ages.
Plus I reckon that because I've done my 5k my motivation has gone AWOL so I need to kick butt and get back on it :D
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

I downloaded " now that's what I call running" 60 tracks some a but young for me if you know what I mean but I've got about 40 of them on a playlist and some really do give me a bit more life.
Motivation; next year you'll ( and I will too) run the whole 5k of that race for life :)