Im getting so behind :(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Catherine31350

Re: Im getting so behind :(

Post by Catherine31350 »

One song I like that keeps me going is Breathe by Kylie Minogue. She sings "breath it won't be long now" ! Definitely what I want to hear!!!!

The other thing I do is look for a point up ahead, a tree or a lamppost and just think about getting to that point, that way you break the run down into segments and you forget about the time you have left.

The other thing I have found is I seem to find it really hard for the first 5/10 mins, I think to myself I don't think I can do it today, but I keep going and after 10 mins it just seems to get easier, I know it sounds strange but my husband who runs a long way (18miles plus) says he even finds that. It's almost like your body warms up!

Just keep doing it, I'm on week 8 and when I started I really found it hard to run just 1 min without stopping.

Good luck
bex17

Re: Im getting so behind :(

Post by bex17 »

Yr on Plummy lol, now that should get me going lol.
Oh Catherine I can't seem to get to the 3 mins let alone any more and the annoying thing is I actually was doing the 3 min runs and 5 min runs so something in my wireline must be a lil off lol