Bad to worse its laughable

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
bex17

Bad to worse its laughable

Post by bex17 »

Well as you prob know I've had a slight lack of motivation lol.
I went on a run yesterday which wasn't great but I did it and didn't think anymore of it apart from woohoo no shin splints.
Well anyway today ivebhad a bit of a niggle in my ankle. No more no less. Very strange as now its ballooned!
Not sure what to think apart from can anything else go wrong gggrrrrrr
Luckily I have the day off tomorrow to rest it :?
Anyway thanks for listening to my vent lol
Chrissyteacup

Re: Bad to worse its laughable

Post by Chrissyteacup »

No way bex bad luck! Maybe you need a break :(
bex17

Post by bex17 »

lol, yes I think I shall give todays run a miss just to see how my ankle feels in a couple of days. Very strange though.
Im gutted, although my runs havent been the best I still really enjoy them no matter how slow I go.
My hubby suggested Ive been over doing it a tad because my runs havent been as good lately he said Ive been pushing myself too much and not giving myself time to recover. I hate it when hes right LOL.
Anyway praps waiting till the weekend will be what I need.
Happy running peeps :D
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

At least you've still been enjoying your run hope your ankle gets better soon and let us know how you get on post rest I'm sure you'll soon catch up :)
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Remember, ice is your friend! If it gets worse you may need to have it looked at.
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Thing is my work means I stand all day long and as I found out today isn't a good thing and it's puffed again and very stiff. Flat shoes make it worse for comfort and ok slight heels are ok but I'm still puffing up like you wouldn't believe! I can't say it's actually painful though, uncomfortable but not painful.
So frustrating when finally I actually find something I really enjoy doing grrrrrr sods law !
I think I'll save the ice I normally put in a G&T and put it on my ankle tomorrow after work ;)
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I stand all day as well. Make sure you sit often throughout the day and stretch your feet and ankles. I teach school so I can't choose when I sit per se but I do try to lift my feet and sit every hour for a few minutes. Let us all know how you're doing! Sheri
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Ok so I've had a week off and the ankle is still a teeny bit niggly so I've decided to try my run at the gym this morn as the treadmill is a gentler option.
That way if it gets really sore I can just stop, instead of finding myself in the middle of no where and still have to hobble home :D
Will let you know how I get on :lol:
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Good luck hope it goes well for you
bex17

Post by bex17 »

I'm back.
Well what can I say?
I ve gone from week four repeated twice, a week of not even being able to manage 3 mins. So in one way it's been two steps forward one step back.
But today......I know you have to take into consideration that the treadmill is lower impact and easier but that was just what I needed!
I managed 10 mins straight!!!! Yes I said 10 mins straight on an incline, then I did 5 mins straight then 3!!! I was worried I would over do it if I carried on so stopped there.
Oh my gosh what a good feeling to be back!!! :D :D