Just did 20 min run

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mcarbonar

Just did 20 min run

Post by Mcarbonar »

I am so excited. I am 38 and have never ran before starting this program and to be honest in the beginning I was out of breath after 2 minutes but I kept with it and today did the 20 minute run and it was a piece of cake. Ok so maybe that's an exaggeration but I got through it easily and I gave been stressing out about it since starting the program. So the moral of the story is don't worry just follow the program and you can do it too!!
NervousNewbie

Re: Just did 20 min run

Post by NervousNewbie »

Yaaaaaay! Well done you big pat on the back :)

Hope to be saying the same in just over 3 weeks!
Rose-anne

Post by Rose-anne »

Ran the 20 min run yesterday and it felt amazing. :-)
kathylhall

Post by kathylhall »

I just finished my very first run. It was quite a workout. I can't wait to be able to 20 minutes in a row! Wow! You guys must be prud--and you should be!
Dinkdankdoo1

Post by Dinkdankdoo1 »

Well done! I am 36 and just recovering from a nasty hamstring tear which saw me on crutches for 6 months. I too have just done my 20 minute run. It wasn't that pleasant, but I did it. Made me smile when she tells you you're now a runner. Yeah, a red faced, wheezy, close to collapse runner! Anyway, keep it up!
MissCassandra

Post by MissCassandra »

Today I did a 28 minute run. I've never been able to run far and this is the furthest I've run in my 41 years. I'm very surprised and very happy with myself. Now I'd like to find some more interesting places to jog in Sydney Australia other than the surburban streets where I have been running.
Mcarbonar

Post by Mcarbonar »

Ok i have now done 2 of my 28 min runs and they have been little bit of a struggle but I got through them. Woo hoo !! I am determined to finish the program with only one week left. See u all in the graduate forum soon :)!!
cma818

Post by cma818 »

Sweet! Congrats!

I'm looking forward to getting up to that point (just starting week 3 now!)