Week 9 - almost finished!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Simongeorge

Week 9 - almost finished!

Post by Simongeorge »

I can hardly believe it, I completed run1 of week 9 yesterday, so I've nearly completed the program. I never thought I'd be running for 30 minutes solid when I started this. If I've one piece if wisdom to pass on, it's that the first five minutes of a run are the worse, once your over that and you've established your rhythm and got your head to quit saying ' I don't want to do this, I want to turn around and go home', it gets 'easier'.
Simongeorge

Re: Week 9 - almost finished!

Post by Simongeorge »

Completed wk9 run2, only one run left. This is incredible, I never expected to complete it when I started this, much less be enjoying it and looking forward to my runs! I can't wait to do my final run on Monday and 'graduate'.
Archer73

Post by Archer73 »

Well done! I'm on the last run of week 3 so just a beginner really. How are you going to be carrying on when you've finished this?
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Thanks, as for what happens next, I'm not sure, as I'm still very slow, I think I'll run 30 minutes for a few weeks, then I might restart the program to see if I can increase my pace. Does anyone else have an opinion on what is best?
That being said, I know the route of the local5k so I think I'll run that next week just to see how far off the pace I am and work from there.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Way to go! I'm on week 7 run 2, I'll do run 3 next. It is amazing how good I feel! You should feel fantastic! I hear the graduate forum has great ideas for the next stage, I've not been there yet. I think I'll continue to run for 30 minutes after I'm finished for a few weeks and then increase my run times and work up to 50 or 60 continuous running minutes. Seems impossible now but so did running. 25 minutes! Anything is possible, right?! Good luck and keep us posted!
Sheri
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Well done you! Its so amazing isnt it. None of us here were runners to start with amd look how hooked we all are now lol.
Love it! :D