Finger shoes

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Bobzoe

Finger shoes

Post by Bobzoe »

I'v got a question hope someone can help with it does anyone run in those finger shoes and how are they while running also are they very expensive
michele97

Re: Finger shoes

Post by michele97 »

Hi. My husband has a pair that he runs in. His are the Vibram Five Fingers shoes, he paid about $120 (US) for them. They have different styles and there are ones made specifically for running.
starknut

Post by starknut »

There are different brands, some are cheaper than others. I used to run in Vibrams and loved it: starting out, there's an adjustment period where you will have sore muscles and feel like a beginner when you run, because it totally changes your gait. When you run in regular shoes, you tend to strike with your heel. In toe shoes, you strike with your midfoot, which uses different muscles in your legs. I had a huge flare up in shin splints and general achiness the first several weeks, but once I was "over the hump" so to speak, I loved them. Running in regular shoes after that made me feel very clunky and clumsy.

Before you commit to a pair, please go to a running shop and have your feet looked at. Toe shoes are definitely not for everyone.
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

Thanks for the Info guys most helpful