The mornings have it!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Not a runner-yet!

The mornings have it!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Just finished run 2 of week 7. The runs are getting easier to accomplish. However, the early mornings are the premium running times I've decided. I run on a golf course and it's lovely. There a fewer people and the air is crisp. The time literally flies. My run times are still slow, averaging about a 13 minute mile but I don't care too much. I feel fantastic!! Keep running everyone, it does a body good! :-)
bex17

Re: The mornings have it!

Post by bex17 »

sounds perfect :D I dont think the pace matters as much as being able to just keep going.
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

I totally agree - well done on getting so far :)

I find the run much more enjoyable first thing in the morning on the rare occasions I have run later in the day I just find it tougher going - I feel a lot less sluggish first thing, very odd.
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

Totally agree mornings are best, especially now we are maybe getting a couple of days of summer.
As for pace I think if I went any slower I'd be going backwards but that's something I'll work on when I get past week 9.
Keep running everyone. :) :)