Finished!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Simongeorge

Finished!

Post by Simongeorge »

I can believe it, I ran week 9 run 3 today! It felt amazing to finally complete the program. Although I was a little disappointed that the program just ended, no congratulations, no messages, no on screen fireworks, jubilant crowds , just ' you can stop running now' - a three month relationship and that's how she ends it!! I'm glad I was on a deserted park path at the time though, because I have to admit to punching the air!
Without wishing to go all oscars on you, I just want to say thank you to everyone , all my running buddies, and even the lurkers who I knew would read my plans and keep me going. If it wasn't for the forum, I would've probably not got back on the program after my illness in week 6 and I wouldve walked away. But everyone here was so supportive and having such a great time, I really felt I eas missing out by not running.
I know everyone says ' if I can do it....' but honestly, I hadn't exercised in nearly 10 years, I work 14 hours a day 6.5 days a week, I've overcome tonsillitis and sleepless nights with a teething baby, so honestly, if I can, anybody can - and it doesn't matter how fast you go, just do it!
Good luck everyone you can do this
bex17

Re: Finished!

Post by bex17 »

I am so sos so so soooooooooooooo chuffed for you, well done its such an acheivement. :D
there should be a big band playing, trumpets blasting lol give yrself a huge pat on the back!x
Plummy

Re: Finished!

Post by Plummy »

Wow!!! well done you!!!!!
I'm hoping I'm going to be in your position within the next 2 weeks.
Just can't believe that a few weeks ago I was dreading running for 5 mins now I can run for 25 mins.
It's amazing and all down to this app and especially this forum, everyone is so encouraging.
Well done hope to join you at the finishing line soon. :D