Week 5 Run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Shona

Week 5 Run 3

Post by Shona »

Can anyone comment on how they got on with this run? I just feel that going from 2 x 8 minute runs to a 20 minute run is quite a challenge. I keep wondering if there is a fault on my app?? I have repeated the 2 x 8 :shock:
Chrissyteacup

Re: Week 5 Run 3

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Hey Shona, I did it yesterday was a bit of a struggle due to the heat as seem to have had a heat wave. when you think about it your only actually running for 4 more mins it's just all in one go, I think iT just seems scary give it a go if you don't manage it then at least you've tried :)
Plummy

Post by Plummy »

Must admit I thought the same at first but I managed it ok. It's not as bad as you think. The thought of it is worse than the actual run but the feeling when you've done it is amazing!!
Just give it a go you may surprise yourself, I know I did
bex17

Post by bex17 »

I've got that run coming up too and getting a tad worried. After a few set backs I've put it off and put it off. I find doing it on the treadmill first better then actually going out and doing in on the fresh air as I find it easier on the treadmill and in my head my way of thinking is ....if I know I have just done it on the treadmill then I KNOW it's possible so it can't be much worse to do it outside.. I know my mind works in strange ways lol
pinkglow

Post by pinkglow »

Hi Shona,

I found it tricky, but I managed it, and felt fine after 15 mins had passed.

I then found the next run very simple (going back down to intervals), and amazed myself with how comfortable I was with the 25-min run.

My advice is to make sure that you're running in the conditions that work for you - whether that is early morning or late afternoon. Make sure you're hydrated beforehand (but not with a heavy stomach). Play some good music :)

It is a massive challenge, especially mentally, but you should be okay. And if you're not, then you will be very soon!
Shona

Post by Shona »

Thanks everyone. I did manage the 20 minutes, better than I expected. I am really enjoying the interval training, already thinking about the next app to use!
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Well don glad to hear you managed it I thing it's just the thought of it!
xatata

Post by xatata »

I just did it today!
After a week being sick, I slowed down my pace (7.0 km/h), put some good music, looked (not watched) to the television attached to the treadmill and tried not to check the app`s clock (almost impossible). At the 15th minute it felt like my legs were melting down, but I didn`t give up.
The feeling of accomplish the task was great!