humbled!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
starknut

Re: humbled!

Post by starknut »

Heeeeey, look at you! Well done, Liz! You're already much faster than me: I only did 2 miles in that time, which is... 3.2 kilometers, I think? It will take me about 40 minutes to do 5k, which is exactly how long it took me before.

I'm starting to feel like I'm just not built to be a fast runner. Or even a moderately speedy one. But that's okay, I guess, because it's still better than not running at all!
starknut

Post by starknut »

w8r2 today, I managed a whole whopping 0.06 more miles than last time. PROGRESS. :lol: More like BABY STEPS. :lol: I'll take it, though, it's better than nothing.
starknut

Post by starknut »

Did w9r1 today and I was a bit slower than last week, but I had the treadmill on a higher incline. It felt great! I ran another quarter of a mile after the cool down!

How are you getting along, Liz? Hoping you're doing well.
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

So good to see that things are going so well with you! We've been in the mountains in California for a week, where it was impossible to go for a run. I did do some beautiful hikes, though :D

will pick it up at W8R3 on Monday when I get home and keep you posted on the progress!
Happy running!
starknut

Post by starknut »

You lucky dog! The mountains are beautiful this time of year!

I missed w9r2 yesterday... we're about to go on a cruise to the Bahamas (like, TODAY) and my son has got an awful sounding cough - I am coming down with the same thing and wanted to make sure we weren't going to have double whammy bronchitis in the middle of the ocean. His doctor couldn't see him short notice, so we had to take him to the ER and we waited for HOURS to be told it was a nasty head cold. :x I mean, it's great we're not going to die of coughing, but hours in the emergency room for a freaking head cold?! Waste of packing time, if you ask me. Waste of running time!
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

I hope you're both feeling better already and can fully enjoy the cruise! Sounds like you're going to have a blast of a time :D

we just got home from our USA trip, which was amazing. Will need to get back into the routine of running 3x a week as soon as tomorrow! Will keep you posted on the progress.

Have a great time at the Bahamas!
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

hope you're having a good time on the Bahamas and everyone is healthy and happy.

Weather has been a nightmare here all week, it's raining constantly and as I don't have a treadmill, I really couldn't motivate myself to go outside for a run :(

According to the weather forecast, it will be much better on Sunday, before it will start raining again from Monday onwards.... it's ridiculous! I need to find a solution for this somehow :oops:
starknut

Post by starknut »

Only ran once on vacation: the weather was horrible, and the cold has moved into my chest. Blah! :(
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

oh no, hope you're feeling better! Hope the weather didn't ruin the whole vacation :cry:

Yesterday, the sky cleared up for a few minutes, so I thought: now or never! Just when it started to go ok (after about 13min), I managed to step into a puddle that was ankle deep! So both my shoes (and socks) got completely soaked! I called my husband to pick me up by car, as I didn't want to run further in wet shoes... what a disappointment!

I went out again, to finish week 8 for once and for all, and finish it I did! I even had a little Forest Gump moment: at 20 minutes, I realized how much time I still had left, so took a route that would take me another 20-25minutes to get home and when I heard that the time was up, I thought, let's at least run until the end of the street. At the end of the street, I thought, well, I can also run around the corner until the end of the other street... and so it went on, until in the end I only stopped after a total running time of 34 minutes! I could have run even longer, but decided to pick up some extra speed, over the last 2-3 minutes. I think that I can officially call myself a runner today! wohoooooooooo :lol:
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

Starknut, how is it going? Feeling fit again, or still sick? Hope you're doing well!

I had my second 30min run this week and it went again very well. I will do one more run and then register in the 'roll of honour' :D

it got very chilly here, so I guess it's time to buy some proper running gear now. I am still only running in some leggings and a t-shirt, but that might not be a good idea, when it's so cold.
All the best for the future! And thanks for all the motivational messages over the last few weeks! They helped a lot to get the best out of myself and I am incredibly proud and what we have achieved here!