Newbie!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Caz25

Newbie!

Post by Caz25 »

Hi
I started the get running app just over two weeks ago but havent moved on from the first week yet! :( as I'm finding that I can't run every run it is getting easier and I am finding myself running more and more of the minutes that I should run! If that makes any sense! Lol really enjoying the app and really enjoying running! Really hoping it will help me shift the 6 stone I've gotta lose! :)
Any way nice to meet u all! And good luck!
bex17

Re: Newbie!

Post by bex17 »

Nice to meet you too.
Don't worry about redoing weeks, you do it at your own pace, I have done a few weeks over when I haven't felt I could go up a notch.
Slowly but surely we ll get there :D
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

Hi

If it makes you feel any better it took me 6 weeks to reach week 2 :)

I started off on a treadmill going ridiculously slowly 2 weeks later I did manage a week 2 run but then tried outside and it nearly killed me, massive shock it was sooo hard. So I started again, had a week off due to injury. Then eventually made it to week 2, week 3 was another mammoth task which I eventually got to, (month 3 as I like to call it).

Anyway, this morning I did my first run of week 4, the first two were fine no problems the third one I had a little walk but not long and the same in the last one.

I've been going about 3 months, but had done no exercise for a very long time and was 4 stone overweight. I have now lost 2 stone and feel great.

So keep at it every run or attempt at a run builds on the last.

Best of luck. X
starknut

Post by starknut »

Hello Caz! It sounds like you're off to a great start. Everyone progresses at their own pace, because - duh - everyone is different. So don't worry about not progressing past week one just yet. As long as you're getting up and making the attempt, that's fabulous! You're seeing improvement, and that's all that matters. Keep it up! You're doing wonderfully.
TTGirl1960

Post by TTGirl1960 »

Hi Caz and welcome. Well done on getting started. It doesn't matter how long it takes - we've just got to keep going. I did W5R1 today and it's the first time I've managed a whole run without walking. I'm not progressing as quickly as some others but I'm determined to see it through - the forums really help so keep checking back. BTW I too have 6 stone to lose and have lost a stone and a half so far :D .
hjeremy

Post by hjeremy »

Hi i am also a newbie at running but i am quite very excited and enthusiastic about it i am planning to really make it a serious sport although i know that it will still take me a while to get to that leave but i am really working on it and i have been getting much help as i can to be able tor really bring my body in shape hope to be able to hear more form you around!