Knee problem

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
HiPpIe~ChIcK

Re: Knee problem

Post by HiPpIe~ChIcK »

same thing is happening to me! Wearing a knee brace on one knee needing a second one. Doc appointment In the future for this gal. At the moment I'm giving my glucosamine time to kick in. Hoping for the best! Keep me posted how the appointment goes. Looking for more a remedy
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Im finally getting to see my doc tomorrow, waited 3 weeks for this appointment so have been doing my runs on the treadmill for now.
I hope he can sort it :?
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

I was wondering how you were getting on bex are you still doing c25k on the tredmill?
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Yep still doing the treadmill :cry: and for the foreseeable future too. I saw my doc this morning and he said I've twisted the tendon/ ligament ( sorry can't remember what he called it) that runs down the side of the knee. But is gonna take some time to repair itself but the good news is that I can keep on running but only on a treadmill until its all better. I fact the doc was impressed that I knew to stop running outside and do swimming and treadmill I stead.
I've been doing amazingly well on the treadmill but then it's a lot easier than pounding the pavements, so I think when I do finally get back out side I shall start my self from where I left off and go from there.
But anyway on the treadmill I've been following the program still and have got my speed up to 10 km ph at some points so my speed has shot up.(but realistically I'm being propelled forward so would be totally slower outside lol)