Can I Do It?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
NicAshley

Can I Do It?

Post by NicAshley »

...I think maybe I can!

Hi I'm not quite a newbie...have been lurking for a while getting such inspiration from your posts :D I am in week 5 and up til now I haven't been finding it tooooo hard but this week has been a different matter. Run 1 of week 5 wasn't that bad, it felt a gentle increase from week 4 but run 2 was so so hard. I don't think the time of day helped...early evening and the temperatures hadn't really dropped. My breathing was messy (so conscious of it whilst running past a packed pub garden :? ) I have not been looking forward to the 20 mins in run 3. So I thought I'd repeat the 2x 8 mins and it was so much easier this time round. It was slightly cooler out there tonight plus a change of route helped :) Couldn't stop smiling :D :D I now feel that just maybe...I might actually achieve the 20 mins.

Reading your posts over the last 5 weeks has helped so much so thanks guys.

Nic
lbswfc87

Re: Can I Do It?

Post by lbswfc87 »

Hope you do it mate.
I've got my 20 minute run next Friday.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Good for you! I just finished week 8! Can't believe that, but I remember worrying about the 20 minute run, but you can do it! Just keep doing what the lovely voice, ( I've named her Fiona), tells you to do. This is a remarkable place for inspiration! I know I couldn't have done this without all the wonderful people here! Keep running!!! :-)
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Hi nicashley, did you manage to do the 20 minute run?
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

Hi!

No I haven't yet attempted it. I have repeated run 2 of week 5 a few times to psyche myself up. I told myself that I would just tag a bit more on to the last 8 mins each time but i hit a psychological barrier as once I'm told to stop running I feel I can't go on anymore lol.

I plan to run the 20 mins on Friday. Seem to remember that's when you have yours isn't it? How are you feeling about it? Good luck with yours :-)

Nic
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Yea mines Friday. I'm feeling abit more confident of doing it now, where if I got asked after them 3 5 minute runs on Monday I wouldn't have been lol. Think I underestimated that run, but today I set a play list on my phone so I knew I had to run to just four songs it helped me a lot, so I'm gunna split Fridays run into 5 songs n see what happens. All the best hope we both can conquer it, I'll let you know Friday how it goes :)
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

I never thought of choosing tracks of a certain length to get me through. I just select shuffle on my playlist and off I go. That sounds a good idea though to have a set amount to get through...might give that a go.

Good luck tomorrow!
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

I've just done it :) was a great feeling at the end.
This morning when I woke up it was so hot it put me off doing it then clouds come over and I thought to myself its now or never, as soon as I left the house I got into the running mood and just went for it, at the end I walked for about 200 yards and just carried on running lol. I think putting the songs to a playlist so I know where I was helped me, cus as soon as the last song come on I thought this is it :)

I really hope you can pull it off all the best
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

Yay absolutely well done you! Aren't we great! I managed it too :-) like yourself I set out early as I knew it was going to just get hotter the longer i left it. It really wasn't too bad either. I definitely was building it up in my mind more than I needed to.

Feels so good doesn't it. I don't think I've stopped smiling yet. Just couldn't do it without the music. Kelly Clarkson's - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger was the track that did it for me this morn lol.

I really feel the 30 mins is achievable now.

Well I think we've earnt our rest days eh :-) and good luck with week 6!
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Yeaaa well done :) It's scorching hot here now so glad I got it done,
Still can't believe it, when I first started I was shattered after 1 minute of running lol.

Yep I'm going to enjoy these two days off then crack on with week 6.
It was definatly more of a mind game, when I was in week 2 and looked at what I'd be doing each week and come across this one I thought no way is that going to happen I'm struggling to do 3 mins running let alone 20 mins but this app is brilliant and I wouldn't have been able to do it with out it, it's worth every single penny I paid for it thank you so much to the people who created it.
The music really helps aswell and the woman voice over spurrs me on big time