First run completed!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
FatGirlSlim

First run completed!

Post by FatGirlSlim »

Hello everyone,

I completed my first run today- difficult, but I feel very empowered that I managed it! I have always wanted to start running and Get Running as well as everyone's success stories has finally given me the confidence. I have recently lost two stone and need to shed the last stone and a half so I'm hoping running will speed this up! :)

xx
TTGirl1960

Re: First run completed!

Post by TTGirl1960 »

Congratulations on completing the first run and welcome! The app is great - just keep going and let us know how you're getting on :)
Not a runner-yet!

Re: First run completed!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Welcome to the Forum! I think reading and responding to the posts here has helped me as much as the running itself! I've gotten more confident as I've gone through the program. I'm on week 9 and I cannot belive I've gotten this far! I've kept running even though it was hot, I was tired, I was on vacation, I skipped runs, and I still got here - 2 runs from the end!

Just keep running and keep talking here. We all know where you're coming from and the hurtles you are facing!

Good luck,
Sheri :D