Week 5 run 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
lbswfc87

Week 5 run 2

Post by lbswfc87 »

Hi, I do this run tomorrow and it'll be the longest I've run straight in a while, ( maybe like 3-4 years) I've been thinking how the best way to go about it will be. I'm thinking put 2 4 minute songs on then a 5 minute one for the walk then another 2 4 minute songs on. It seems so long, but if I cut it down to I'll be running for four songs, just four it'll hopefully be easier. I underestimated the 3 5 minute ones. Still did it although I struggled abit towards the end of each run.
Not a runner-yet!

Re: Week 5 run 2

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I think any strategy you want to do will work. The run do get easier as you build stamina. I try to put in long songs but I really don't know exact times. Are you running outside or on a treadmill? I find running outside allows my mind to wander a bit so I'm not do focused on the run.
Good luck!
Sheri
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

I run outside, trying to avoid the dog walkers and there crazy dogs chasing me most of the time lol. Sometimes my does wonder but never seems to wonder for to long
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Just done this run, think splitting it up into four songs really helped me, I got to last song and was singing along to it cus I knew nothing was going to stop me finishing it. Feeling more upbeat about Fridays 20 minute run. I'm going to split Fridays run into five songs n hope everything goes my way n I do it :)
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

I'm glad the music works! I live in the middle of nowhere so I'm not a risk of dogs, but I don't want to run too late at night because we have skunks! I think once you get past this week, you will feel a lot better. The runs do get more managable after week 5.
Great job and keep us all posted!
Sheri
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Where are you from? Bet that's abit crazy if you run into a skunk lol.
I hope they do start getting easier soon, cus looking ahead there's 25, 28 and 30 minute run on the horizon and longest I've run in a few years is 8 minutes.
But over last five weeks my staminas built up, I've got a better running technique and can pace myself alot better. Where as first week it was tough trying to run for a minute
TTGirl1960

Post by TTGirl1960 »

Hi all. I just want to thanks. I read this last night and this morning created a playlist timed for the 20 min run - it really really helped. I failed the 20 min run last week but managed it tonight - and the playlist really helped.

Keep running :D
JoelGwood

Post by JoelGwood »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. :D My friends and I all run together and I carry a speaker so we can all listen to the same thing, and I always sneak longer songs into the playlist to help make time seem to go faster. I don't know what it is, but the long songs make the workout seem so much shorter!