W3R1 here I come!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
lizmizje

W3R1 here I come!

Post by lizmizje »

I just had an amazing w2r3! I felt like I had so much more engergy than 2 weeks ago when I did my very first run ever and was smiling all the way through the 29 minutes. I even did a little sprint over the last 90 second and felt completely exhilerated after that. Can't wait for Tuesday for week 3 to start!
SarahinShibs

Re: W3R1 here I come!

Post by SarahinShibs »

I am feeling the same way lizmizje! I am on w4r3 and feel like a new person since starting this programme a few weeks back, I love reading about other peoples enthusiasm for it too, so keep us posted! My biggest problem is not going out and running every day and realising that the rest days are just as important as the running days ;). Good luck with w3, I really felt like I was getting somewhere in w3 with the 3min runs and I am sure you will too! :D
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

Hi,

it was time for W3R1 this morning! I was afraid that I might have to skip it, as I was helping out a friend with laying down a new wooden floor on Saturday and Sunday morning I suddenly had swollen knees that were very hot to the touch! I had to sit on my knees a lot, so I assume it's from that and not from the running I did on Saturday.... my knees still don't feel completely ok, they don't hurt but are still slightly swollen.

Anyway, I simply went out for my run and my knee only bothered me during walking, not during running. The run went very well again, even the 3 minute runs! I was far from quick, but managed to keep running, which I am very proud of. Knees still don't feel completely alright, but there's no pain involved... I'll do my best to rest over the next 2 days and hopefully it will all be better again by Thursday.

How did you week 5 run go so far?
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

Week 3 run 2 started off very good, and I somehow had the feeling that the whole training would go very smoothly. The last 3 minutes of running were pretty difficult, though... I normally try to do a bit of sprinting over the last 30 seconds of my final run, but today I felt like a slug! I didn't analyze yet the statistics of the training, but I was definitely much slower than on Tuesday. Maybe the fact that it was very hot this morning didn't help much? Or I just had an off-day. Anyway, I shouldn't complain, as I completed the training, so I should be proud of myself. 3 minutes is 3 times as long as I was running 2 weeks ago...

Only one more run this week and then week 4 will start! I did not dare to look yet, how long I'll have to run then.. trying to do it one run at the time. Happy running everyone!