Help and advice please!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Canrun;)

Help and advice please!

Post by Canrun;) »

Hi my name is Teresa. When I started this app I did really well but since I came back from my holiday I can't seem to complete a whole run. I ran 4 times while I was away completing w5r3 (on a TM) and was really pleased now I just feel like a fake not even managing more than 5 minutes since.
Any advice welcome. Thanks xxx
SarahinShibs

Re: Help and advice please!

Post by SarahinShibs »

I have also started the app while on holiday and have been doing really well too. I am up to W5/R2 tomorrow. I have been wondering what it would be like to run back home and if it would be harder. Maybe it is because you are running a different route which is harder? Also, maybe you are a bit more distracted by everyday life so don't have the same focus as when you are on holiday? Those are my concerns for going home next week! Anyway, I am sure it is just an adjustment and you'll be back in a new running groove soon :)
Canrun;)

Post by Canrun;) »

Maybe you're right! Although I think I may have picked up an injury. My thigh was really weird today and my shin aches as well. Might just ease up for a week then try again. :)
starknut

Post by starknut »

Running on a treadmill is a little easier than running outdoors, because you don't have hills and there is no wind resistance. So don't be too hard on yourself! Just go back to week 4 if you need to (or repeat the first two runs of week 5) until you get back into your groove. Don't stress yourself over it!
Canrun;)

Post by Canrun;) »

Thank you for your advice. Am going to go back to week 4 and start from there hopefully all will be well! :)