Getting there....

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Snailspace

Getting there....

Post by Snailspace »

Just completed Wk 5, Run 3 - the 20 minute hurdle. Two weeks ago I thought there was little chance of running that duration. In fact I had already planned to do 2 ten minute runs instead. However, this week had just flown by: each day has been very achieveable and I was confident going into today that I would run for a minimum of 15 mins. Found the 20 was within my reach and just 'kept her lit'!
I've read the other 'if I can do it anyone can' posts and took heart from them. Now my voice can be added...because really if I can run 20 mins at 46 yrs of age, anyone can. I've developed a steady (slow) pace, aimed at building running capacity. Speed and weight loss (17 stone!) will come later - for now my buzz is from the improvement in my stamina. I was never into running but I'm now motivated to keep going through this excellent app.
shytalkz

Re: Getting there....

Post by shytalkz »

Brilliant! It's a good feeling getting past that one, isn't it?! Onwards and upwards :)
Snailspace

Re: Getting there....

Post by Snailspace »

Cheers for that! Looking forwards to running 25 & 30 mins and I never thought I'd hear myself say that. Don't think I'll go beyond 30 mins anytime soon - will work on distance & pace for a while yet.