20 minute run in week 5?!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
matt

Re: Question about week 5

Post by matt »

Dawn wrote:OK - well i didn't think it possible but here I am - the night before W5 D3!!! lol As long as do enough warm up runs i will do 20 i am sure, well i'm not...but i am tellimg myself I am :) Wish me luck!!! lol
Good luck, Dawn! Slow and steady, now, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other :)
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thanks Matt - off I go now!! lol

How are you getting on with your 10K training???
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) All the best Dawn! Let us know how it goes!
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Hi all!!
I have just completed run3 of wk6 and it was too run 25 mins without walking and I'm so pleased to say I did it!!
This app is the best thing, 6wks ago I thought it was impossible for me to manage it!

Hope everyone else is doing well! xx
DebWeb

Post by DebWeb »

Evening, am scheduled to do my w5d3 run tomorrow never thought I would make it this far am so glad I stuck to it - so a big thanks to the running app I would have never even come this far without it.
Nervous about tomorrow but hubby & kids are coming with me ( I run in the park as where I live is quite hilly & I just couldn't hope with the hills) Husband is a runner but hasn't run for over a yr and kids will b on their bikes. But everyone is keen to give advice! Hubby keeps telling me to take it slowly but if I go any slower I would b going in reverse!!
So tomorrow I will update you. Hopefully I will make it.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I did it, I did it, I did it! I actually did 25 ... I added the last five because I just felt like the first part of the run was tough and very very slow at parts... I still stopped even though I felt I coul run further ... So I don't think I overdid it( I read your advice on another post BenJohn) anyway I am very pleased... I love this program and the app and the woman telling me I can call myself a runner..... Life is good... Thanks guys ;)
matt

Post by matt »

Dawn wrote:I did it, I did it, I did it! I actually did 25 ... I added the last five because I just felt like the first part of the run was tough and very very slow at parts... I still stopped even though I felt I coul run further ... So I don't think I overdid it( I read your advice on another post BenJohn) anyway I am very pleased... I love this program and the app and the woman telling me I can call myself a runner..... Life is good... Thanks guys ;)
Well done Dawn! I was just wondering whether you'd done it or not!
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Wendytiom

Post by Wendytiom »

Thanks for all the encouragement from all the guys who have managed run 3 of week 5. It's my turn today and I've been putting it off for hours as the weather is awful, but I've now decided to go for it!!! I'll check in again to let you know how I got on :)
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Go for it Wendy. I have complete faith in this program. I felt like you ... One I got to the first 5 min mark.. I knew it was doable! I can't wait to go out again ... Good luck and let us know how it goes..
DebWeb

Post by DebWeb »

Hi all I did despite not looking forward to the run and feeling horrible for the first 10 mins The second 10mins seemed easier and like Dawn (congradulations to you Dawn!) I did an extra 5 as I was enjoying it and the family were cheering me on.
I think like others have said you just have to start and you'll surprise yourself I won't say it's easy but it's definitely doable and you really will feel great at the end of it.
Debbie