20 minute run in week 5?!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
violabird

Re: 20 minute run in week 5?!

Post by violabird »

I've been having problems with one of my ankles in the last few weeks and sadly I only got 9 minutes into my 20 minute run before pain kicked in and I had to stop, so I've taken a week off to recover. I'm planning to start week 5 again on Monday, really hoping I can do it this time as I'm looking forward to posting on here that I've done it!
Likeacat

Post by Likeacat »

A wish of speedy recovery to you, Violabird.

I just finished w4r3 and am thinking of week 5...

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. :-)
violabird

Post by violabird »

I did it! Finally I ran 20 minutes without stopping, I can't quite believe it! I nearly shed a tear when I finished, I was that happy!

Onwards and upwards, bring on Monday so I can start week 6 :-)
NervousNewbie

Post by NervousNewbie »

Well Done! I got watery eyes too and thought I was so silly, but it's such an amazing thing to achieve. :D :D

My legs wanted to keep running when I walked, such an odd feeling did you get that?
violabird

Post by violabird »

Yes, they hurt like anything in the warm down walk, much more than when I was running. I was relieved that my stretches and the walk home seemed to sort them out!
Likeacat

Post by Likeacat »

So happy! I completed w5r3! I doubted myself at 15 minutes, but I pushed through it and even ran 2 minutes extra (it was downhill anyway).
Lovelylight

Post by Lovelylight »

Starting week 5 tomorrow. Found this thread reassuring. Will let you know how it goes. Not sure the dog will manage it, though!
Lovelylight

Post by Lovelylight »

Done it!! 20mins. Wow. Did anyone else have a few tears? Thanks for this app. :D
masands

Post by masands »

Did it last Saturday (29th Aug?) !!! I was so tempted to keep going all the way to 30 minutes but i did not want this app to finish quickly so I stopped :D
I felt so great that I filled myself with party food during the weekend and now I fell guilty :(
Can't wait for the 25 min run soon!!
Lovelylight

Post by Lovelylight »

Me too. Been eating all day. Aahh!