W5r3 I did it just so why do I feel meh!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Digbycat

W5r3 I did it just so why do I feel meh!

Post by Digbycat »

I've just got back from w5r3 and ok I'm knackered I barely managed it prob walked 20 seconds of the last minute which considering its 20 mins straight I'm not too bothered about. But I don't feel the elation/pride I was expecting. When I did my first 8 mins on Tuesday for run 2 I was punching the air in delight.

I enjoyed the run don't get me wrong I was just expecting to feel more excitement on the achievement as this run is a massive deal for all of us. We dread it coming up for weeks.

Today's run was also first time I ran a mile straight - ever even as a kid. Then I probably just scraped in on the mile and a half. Fastest speed over the 30 mins ever. So why don't I feel happier. It's almost like I'm cross for those 20 seconds which i'm not really. And my RunKeeper had a funny minute at the beginning so the av speed was distorted. But grrrr.

Sorry rant over thank you for listening its great to have people who will understand.
lbswfc87

Re: W5r3 I did it just so why do I feel meh!

Post by lbswfc87 »

Don't feel meh because you walked last twenty seconds, look at it the other way like you said its longest you've ran, 19.40 running straight is great. Look at the positives.

Dont know if that helped lol
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

Thank you :) I've been telling myself that ever since I got home, I know you're right!

I wonder if some of it is to do with that I was almost totally spent at the end of it and didn't have the energy to feel the exhilaration I was hoping for.
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

I did a 25 min run last night and after didn't feel buzzing like I did after my first 2. I think I was that tired and I just wanted to get in house and lay out on sofa.
I feel good about it today though, well my legs don't lol there killing and I was going to go on another this afternoon, but might leave that today.
I'd definatly take positives out of it though