W6r3 now that's gonna be a challenge

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
bex17

W6r3 now that's gonna be a challenge

Post by bex17 »

Now I do t know what everyone else thinks but I know when I had the dreaded week 5 20 min run looming I put it off for weeks and just redid the previous run over and over as was petrified of failing. Once I finally did it it actually wasn't as bad as I was dreading and it was such an uplifting moment to complete that run.
Well so far all good and I've carried on and been surprised that after completing a 20 min run it dropped right down again. Today I did the 2 10 min runs but found the second 10 mins a struggle but I did it.
It's weird how now I do better with no breaks and can carry on but struggle with the shorter ones :? :) . anyway the next one is Saturday and that ones 25 mins! Eeeeek! That's gonna be an interesting one as I'm chokka that day so won't be able to do it till the eve so fingers crossed I'll be able to do it ok.
Archer73

Re: W6r3 now that's gonna be a challenge

Post by Archer73 »

I found the 20 min run a real slog, it almost put me off running!!!
When it came to the 25 min runs I was dreading them but they were actually ok, by the time I had finished week 7 I was pretty comfortable running 25 mins. I recently ran the first run of week 8 but ran 30 instead of 28 mins.
Archer73

Re: W6r3 now that's gonna be a challenge

Post by Archer73 »

By the way Good Luck :D