Just started!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
oneirophobia

Just started!

Post by oneirophobia »

Hi! I am new here and I did my first run today!
My work hosts a 5k fundraiser every year and I want to run in next years and I also want to run in Disneyland's 5k in January (and I would love to keep up with my clients!) I was so excited to start today and I made it through it without any issues, except I realized half way through my run that I had promised to take a client on a hike today! Yikes, I hope I am not to sore tomorrow. This app is amazing, the little voice was so motivating.
One last thing before I hit submit, does anyone have advice for someone who works odd hours and being able to fit in runs? One day I may start my day at 5am and then the next day I may work until 11 pm. Thanks guys and good luck on your runs!
Catgal63

Re: Just started!

Post by Catgal63 »

I like getting my workouts in first thing in the morning. My energy is higher and I feel better throughout the day and not stressing whether or not I am going to find the time. Btw, I am up at 0330 every morning and usually working out by 0430!
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Congratulations! I just started too - and ran my first session this morning. The fifth running minute was the hardest, I thought, but once I got over that hump it was a lot easier! Having a warm bath to try to save my muscles for tomorrow... and then running again on Tuesday, eek!
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Just don't get put off by any of the runs, just believe in the programme it really does work and some will power too will keep you going.
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Did my second run first thing in the morning and felt great all day. Looking forward to W1R3 already.
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

Good to hear! Keep on running!