Back on it tommorow

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
lbswfc87

Back on it tommorow

Post by lbswfc87 »

Hi I did week 7 run 3 last Friday after a 12 hour shift at work I felt really tired my legs were in agony, but I had to work nights all week and not done them for a month so was hard trying to do a jog inbetween working which was frustrating.
So I'm going to go for week 8 run 1 tommorow afternoon, hopefully my legs have recovered.

Has anyone else had a week off and gone for a 28 minute run or something similar to that? Hope it's not to bad, can't wait for it
lbswfc87

Re: Back on it tommorow

Post by lbswfc87 »

I did it 28 minutes non stop it wasn't easy but non of the runs are now which I expected, but I feel a lot more confident in my running specially when my legs start hurting early on I know I can do it and surprise my self with each run.
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

Hiya!

Just wondering how its going for you?! These last couple of weeks i've found excuses not to run..its too hot/i'm ill/kids birthdays etc.. but I'm determined to finish it now!!

A few weeks back we were on the same week but I think you must be nearly finished whereas i'm still in week 7 and finding it really tough now. It doesnt help that the route I'm doing has a hill right near the end just as I'm at the 23rd minute and my body is screaming NOOOOO!! So Monday I'm changing my route.

Be interested to hear how 28-30 mins is going for you :)
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

Hi I'm struggling to, we had 3 weeks off work from the third to sixth week so I'm back at work and struggling to run round my work, specially after 12 hour shifts and nights, I get home or get up and have little energy so need my body to get back used to working and running. Week 1-3 I fitted the runs round work so wasn't to bad, but that three weeks of has done me in lol.

Today I feel abit gutted I should have been finishing my programme but put it off a week due to work last week, I'm hoping next Saturday or Sunday I've done it then I don't know what to do after, have you thought about that yet I know I definatly have to work on my speed still.

I'm finding these last couple of weeks hard though and I seem to get sluggish 10 minutes in, i think I was struggling week 7 at the twenty minute mark.
I'm planning on doing week 8 run 3 tomoz then it's the last week so hopefully I do it

I hope you do it aswell I'd definatly change route with the hills and try running I. The flat, let me know how you get on, I'll still be posting on here because the new runners give me so much inspiration and other people In the same situation help a lot.
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

I'm putting today's run off woke up with flu, I can hardly breathe let alone run so that'll put me off for a few more days grrrrr :(
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

Sorry to hear about your flu. Must be so frustrating when it's feeling a struggle to get out for the runs anyway.

I think we're being too hard on ourselves. I don't know about you but before July I couldn't run across a road without getting out of breath but look at us now...20-25 mins without stopping :-) that's an achievement!! We'll get to 30 mins even if it means taking another 3-4 weeks to do it.

Don't know what I'll do once I finish. From what others say it doesn't seem like there's any app out there that compares to this for encouragement etc but I will work on my speed and stamina getting up those hills.

Hope you are soon well enough to get back out there!
lbswfc87

Post by lbswfc87 »

I know we've both come far from the first few weeks I definatly feel loads better for it, be nice once I've finished it though, just hope this flu goes soon.

Think I might repeat the programme from 5th week to try and improve my speed and try doing some hill runs too that'll be fun lol