Week 5 run 3 - The dreaded 20 minutes

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
elmo82

Week 5 run 3 - The dreaded 20 minutes

Post by elmo82 »

I never thought that I would be able to run for 20 minutes without passing out!

I've tried running a few times but have never quite managed it and have given up after about 2 weeks...... NOT NOW :D This app is absolutely amazing, at week one I was struggling to run for a minute and today I ran for 20 minutes!!! It was pretty easy to be honest although I was going at a slow pace, but my breathing was good and I could have carried on for longer. I look forward to my runs and all I talk about with friends is running. I'm obsessed and I never thought I would be. Thank you very much for creating this app. I now have a hooby that I love and that keeps me fit, I am a very happy customer.
lizmizje

Re: Week 5 run 3 - The dreaded 20 minutes

Post by lizmizje »

wohoooooo, well done! I did my 20 minutes run last week and I felt so extremely proud, too! :)
Keep on running!
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Well done! Feels like such a long away away for me, but I can't wait to be where you are! Congratulations!
Windymillhouse

Post by Windymillhouse »

Got mine at the end of this week! Was feeling apprehensive but better now after reading everyone's experience, but now raring to go!
Mummyrita

Post by Mummyrita »

Well done! It really is a great feeling, isn't it?

To everyone running with that 20 mins looming ahead - when you get there, you'll be ready. You'll surprise yourself and just do it.

All the best!
Jass

Post by Jass »

I had a bit of a shock when I'd finished wk5 r2 to find my next one is 25 mins! Is there any way of seeing all the runs to come?
Windymillhouse

Post by Windymillhouse »

Just touch the run you want to see and it will show the details.
felipemathies_

Post by felipemathies_ »

Yeah!!! Just finish my 20 minutes run and i fell great, i dindt imagine me running 20 minutes when i was fighting those 1 minute runs on first week...and now i finished just fine!!! Yeah Yeah Yeah!
EATmum

Post by EATmum »

Just finished that 20 minute run too. Fantastic feeling!
Windymillhouse

Post by Windymillhouse »

Did it! Woohoo! Can't wait to do 30 mins now! And to think I used to be a "no I don't do running" person. Fab app!