What shall I do

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
derbbo

What shall I do

Post by derbbo »

Hi I'm new to this forum but have read a lot of your comments and support.

I was on rn 2 of week 2 when I got a chest infection, which brought my asthma back on. Feel better now but not sure whether to go back to week 1 or start where I left off. I could complete the last run of each run of week 2, when I read
About you guys running week 9....

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Digbycat

Re: What shall I do

Post by Digbycat »

How long have you been off? I would probably try redoing week 2 from the beginning - but the great thing about his app is it is really easy to stop a run and pick up at the same time of an earlier run. So if you are really struggling with the 1 1/2 minutes you can stop after the first one - go back a week a finish off your run with the 1 minutes of a week 1 run

I took 6 weeks to get to week 2 I'm almost averaging a month a week and really struggled with week 6 last week so am repeating it and it is going much better. Still ages away from week 9.

Happy running.
derbbo

Post by derbbo »

Thanks for that, I didn't realise how many people repeat weeks so will try week 2 again I just find the last 1 1/2 min really hard. I'm sure it would be easier to run w music but I run in the woods so a bit scared too
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

I'm only on week 1 but already pretty sure I'm going to need to repeat weeks - everyone is different and taking your time is the right thing to do as long as you're consistent, I think. Just give it a go and see what you can manage! Good luck!
TTGirl1960

Post by TTGirl1960 »

I'm just starting week 7 (no I can't believe it either!). I've had to repeat several weeks. For me the key is making sure you complete a week before moving on. I completely blew week 5 run 3 - I tried it after not managing the first two runs of that week. It really knocked my confidence so now I only move on when I've done the previous run with no walking. It really doesn't matter how long it takes to get through as long as you keep going. Good luck and keep posting to let us know how you're getting on!!
derbbo

Post by derbbo »

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm going to start again on Monday prob will do week 1 run3 so it doesn't ruin my confidence x
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

Good plan - all the best