Arggghhhh

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Digbycat

Arggghhhh

Post by Digbycat »

I'm feeling so frustrated. Last weeks attempt at week 6 was frankly a disaster. Run 1 was ok but felt tough but I put that down to overdoing the red wine and Chinese food as we had visitors. Run 2 was cut short for reasons that you'll thank me for keeping to myself, essentially I felt Ill during the second run and walked the rest I the way and run 3, probably due to the ground conditions after a lot of rain was almost a non starter, I managed 8,6 and 2 mins when it should have been a full 25 mins.

So this week I redid week 6 and it's been great I was well on track to complete the 25 mins I know I would have done it until at just past the 20 minute mark I slipped on some wet grass did a perfect swimming racing dive along the side of the canal aannoy now black and blue. I still feel like crying now from frustration as much as anything.

I'm just hoping my leg will feel ok to do Sundays run. I've found it really hard to get the motivation this week and I think any break now could put me off until the spring.
Toadie

Re: Arggghhhh

Post by Toadie »

Oh no! That's such a shame, but well done you for staying on track and sticking with week 6 - that took a lot of guts. The only thing you can do now is look after yourself and then, when you're ready to run again, get back out there and complete that 25 minute run that's still waiting for you! You can do it.
TTGirl1960

Post by TTGirl1960 »

Oh no - what a time to fall. You can do it tho!!! Due to holidays, kids and stuff I've had to redo the first two runs of week 6 several times but I got up early this morning and managed week 3 - trust me if I can you can. Good luck - just keep going :!:
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

Thank you both :) I've spent the day feeling sorry for myself and counting the bruises as they've popped up - there's some beauties. Hopefully by Sunday my let will have stopped hurting enough to have another crack at it :)
Catgal63

Post by Catgal63 »

Digbycat - yesterday I fell on my treadmill and scraped my knee, twisted my wrist. Thank god I just happened to have a hold of the handrails when it happened. The lesson I learned from this is, no matter how good the song is that you are listening to....never close your eyes on the treadmill!

I hope your bruises heal quickly.