Hittting a brick wall???

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
masands

Re: Hittting a brick wall???

Post by masands »

Woot!
I smashed right through that brick wall of yours Eims and successfully did the 25 minute run today and I feel fantastic!
My legs hurt plenty at first but then my body gave in and the pain evened out. By the 25th minute mark they partly dead :D but surprisingly enough my heart rate was steady and not over the top. I really wanted to keep going through the cool-down and finish this program then and there but unfortunately I came across a massive hill and couldn't be bothered climbing.
Good luck for your next run!
Lovelylight

Post by Lovelylight »

Having felt ok after my first 20 min run I too am confused and disheartened after doing 2 x 10 mins runs today. Nightmare!! Felt awful, managed to keep going but really struggled. Wondering if I should repeat this run next or attempt the 25? Any ideas?
Eims

Post by Eims »

Hi Masands!

Go you breaking down that son of a * wall!! It's a great feeling is t it! Well done! I really enjoyed the first 2 25 min runs after my brick wall, did the 3rd one today and for whatever reason it was, well, excruciatingly painful if I'm honest and I was actually saying "come on you can do it" aloud for about the last ten minutes (the embarrassment!) But 2 day break now to re over and hopefully the 28 min run will be a piece of cake!! Haha
Best of luck on your next week!
Eims
Lovelylight

Post by Lovelylight »

I decided to repeat the 2 x 10 mins. It went well and I feel so much more positive! Day of rest then the 25 mins is next. Fingers crossed.
masands

Post by masands »

Well done Lovelylight!
Today I did my W7R1. And I had a secret weapon up my sleeve. AUDIOBOOKS! I didn't even realize I had run for 25 minutes though I'm sure my legs were tired-I was too engrossed in the book to tell. Hmmm....Twilight is not half bad! I used to think its for girls only :)