Oh my god i cant feel my legs eekkk

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Frankie22

Oh my god i cant feel my legs eekkk

Post by Frankie22 »

Hi everyone,

A quick intro. Im rachel and im 28 from liverpool. I used to run all the time in school until i picked up a nasty habit mainly due to nicotine then it was all down hill. So i smoked for 10 years and quit 3 weeks ago for good this time. So with all this time on my hands ive now joined the gym and found this app. It was my 1st run tonight for a minute and im so embarrassed to say but when i got off the treadmill i could not feel my legs. Is this even normal? Im so scared im going to have a heart attack haha.
I really want to get fit and lose weight so im hoping this helps. Also looking for support of anyone!!
We
Eims

Re: Oh my god i cant feel my legs eekkk

Post by Eims »

Congrats on doing the first run....it sounds a lot easier than it is! If its any consolation after my first run I almost began to cry, thought I was having a heart attack and my legs gave way!!! And that was apart from that I couldn't breathe properly for hours! Oh and Im not obese 50 something with one lung...Im a 26 year old girl with Asthma!! So I can imagine it must have been so hard if you were a smoker!! (Well done quitting too by the way....not easy at all!!) But if I can offer you any hope, I got through it, and am now on week seven....So if I can do it, you can too!!!! It wasnt without setbacks and many, many cramps and almost tears but it can be done!!!!! All I can say is take it easy, don't be afraid to go as slow as you want to, no one is judging you, if anything they are envying you that you are able to jog/run, and they aren't!!

Very best of luck with the rest of your runs, and staying off the dreaded cancer sticks, and keep us informed of how you are doing! Everyone here has been there so all (literally!!) feel your pain! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go you!

Eims :D :D
IanK

Post by IanK »

Hey Rachel,

Well done on starting. I'm on the Wirral and doing this outdoors. I only completed run 3 tonight but am already feeling the benefit. I was feeling all kinds of unusual pains after runs 1 and 2, but changed my trainers and got out again today with no I'll effects.

I'm a smoker booked in with fag ends next week so I thought I should get a head start.

One thing I would say is that I couldn't face this on a treadmill. I wouldn't find it stimulating enough, so maybe heading into the great outdoors would help. I'm sure I won't be saying that when it's raining and blowing a storm but I've started now!

Good luck with the running and don't give up giving ip the tags!!

Ian
Frankie22

Post by Frankie22 »

Thanks for the replies. Ive completed week 1 tonight and feel great, ready to take on week 2 good luck to you as well xx
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Hi there,
i've just started week 2, so you will most likely be on week 4 by now and running stronger. My legs still hurt on week 2 and i'm hoping that the pain i'm getting in my lower legs subside over the weeks. I'm doing it on a treadmill so that I get a bit of cushioning in my run...god knows how bad my legs would be pounding the streets!

Oh, and I gave up the smokes 9 weeks ago and am starting to feel the benefits at last.

Keep it up! :D