I am really...really...really...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
NicAshley

I am really...really...really...

Post by NicAshley »

...loving this app! I am so pleased I found it!

I remember at school, they made us run a mile around the field and I really thought I was going to die!! That was too many years ago to count and I still remember it vividly! I told myself then that i'd never be a runner.

I've just completed week 7 run 2 and Mr Bartlett (old PE teacher) if you're reading this...I CAN do it! :D :D :D

I must admit, before getting to the point in the app where I was supposed to be running non-stop I was dreading this and doubted my ability to do it but now..I don't think I could go back to interval running. Stopping and then getting going again felt harder in week 6 than it does now.

Was umming and aahing before leaving the house though as to what to wear...did I need a hoodie or not?? I am pleased with the cooler mornings but will have to rethink my running wardrobe when the temperatures really starts to drop... :?

Happy running everybody
Nic
Moondance

Re: I am really...really...really...

Post by Moondance »

I have only just started week two, having accidently registered for a triathlon next summer - your post was very inspiring - I am still at the Lungs bursting, How did I get myself into this phaze!! Keep going!!
Vinay

Post by Vinay »

:) Even i am really really happy today... Just finished Run 2 of week 8 .. Eight weeks ago i was a couch potato and 15kgs overweight now i can run for 28 mins and 2 kgs lighter.. :D :D :D :D
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

Moondance Wow a triathlon!... Now that's inspirational! Good luck with your training for that.

Week 2 seems a long time ago now..probably because I have repeated the odd week along the way. I know what you mean about the lungs bursting phase but you do get to a point when the breathing gets easier and I actually find myself singing along with the ipod. I really do think though that this app has the training just right. From the first week through to now at least, and looking at weeks 8 and 9 I feel confident that I can go just that little bit further. Keep this up and you'll be leading the pack at your triathlon :)

Vinay It is a great feeling eh! It's my legs that look different for me..I can actually see my kneecaps! It's great that we can share/offload on here..I think i'm becoming a running bore and I can see my family's eyes glaze over when I start talking about my distance/speed etc and I can't hear a song on the radio without thinking whether it would make a good running track or not ;)

Hope all goes well in your last week next week!!

Nic
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Moondance, I'm on week 2, though I don't have anything as big as a triathlon in my ambitions list! That's pretty impressive! I can't really imagine being able to run for even five minutes straight at the moment, but I really hope I'll be able to at some point...
Vinay

Post by Vinay »

:D :D
Hello Everyone

I am extremly happy to share that i have finished my W9R3 work out and feeling really great :) :) , I even did a 100M sprint in the end. And this is the first ever fitness program i have ever completed in my life, thanks to this lovely c25k app. I have registered for a 10K in december hopefully i will be able to complete the race.
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

Well done that's brilliant.

I theory I'm only 2 weeks behind you - in practise it may be 4 or 5, but that's fine knowing that I will get there because it's such a doable programme is enough.

Tomorrow my credit card flips over to next months statement so I'm going to sign up for my first 5 k in Bristol it's in November so that should keep me going :)
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

Well done Vinay!! Sending a virtual high five :D

Must be a great feeling to complete this brilliant app! Good luck with the training for the 10k. Will you use another training coach to help you along the way or just build up on distance gradually now that YOU CAN RUN 30 MINS!!! :)

I didn't have the best run today. It was week 8 run 1 and I only managed 24 mins when I had to stop. I know I set off too fast as when I got to the point where I finished last week's run of 25 mins I still had 4 mins remaining. So if my sums are right I've shaved a minute off! Will forget about speed next time as others have said on here...the speed will come with time.

Enjoy your rest days now, you've earnt them!
Vinay

Post by Vinay »

:) Thank you Nic and Digbycat

You guys (and the rest of the Forum) have been my inspiration.. I have learnt so much just by reading so many posts.

For My 10K training i will be using Runkeeper Fitness plan ( Plan is for 16 weeks). Its actually built in Runkeeper App which i use for activity training, (http://runkeeper.com/user/vinayashwath).
If anyone else is using Runkeeper then i would welome them to add me in to their street team.

Nic: Even i committed the same rookie mistake of running too fast too soon for my last run so i had to repeat it today. ;) so dont worry about speed just enjoy the fact you are out and running, speed will come automatically.

cheers and happy running

Vinay
NicAshley

Post by NicAshley »

I repeated week 8 run 1 today and it went so much better than the last time. I definitely set off slower and kept it steady the whole way.

When I say I repeated w8 r1 what I should say is that I managed to cancel the get running app somehow! So when I got to the point where I thought "come on Claire...tell me I can stop" there was silence! At this point I had just managed a big hill and as i was running on the flat again my breathing calmed down and I felt able to carry on...so I did :lol: ...and ran all the way home (I still did a walk around the block to finish). I did have runkeeper running though and that told me I'd run 30.59!! I won't cheat though and skip the other 28 mins this week. I will behave and follow the last couple of weeks of this amazing app...partly cos I don't want it to end :cry: