I DID IT!!!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Catgal63

I DID IT!!!!!

Post by Catgal63 »

I finished wk 6 with the 25 min run. I cannot believe I am able to do this. My distance was 2 miles! I was happy at 1.5 miles. The last few minutes were rough but I stuck it out and I am so glad I did. It will make next week much easier knowing I have already completed the same run once. :D
Digbycat

Re: I DID IT!!!!!

Post by Digbycat »

Yay - well done x
Sim1

Post by Sim1 »

Well done!!!!
I've got mine on Sunday to do, eek!!
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Well done Catgal! Two miles! How far we all come! :D
Catgal63

Post by Catgal63 »

W7R2 done! And it actually seemed to go lots quicker than the first two 25 minute runs. One more this week and then on to 28 minutes!
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Well done, that's amazing! You're so nearly at the end now!
Catgal63

Post by Catgal63 »

I finished the program! I am running for 30 minutes, although still slow, but I am just amazed! Now I will incorporate some faster intervals during my runs to get my distance and speed up. My distance for 30 minutes is about 2.3 miles so in order to do a 5k I need to do some pace work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone - this forum and program is great. I tell everyone about it. :mrgreen:
Timl2k10

Post by Timl2k10 »

Congratulations Catgirl! You can still do a 5k, all you need to do is keep that pace for another 10 minutes. But intervals are definitely good. RunKeeper has a beginner 5K program. I'm not sure how good the coaching is, but when I'm done with week 9 (I start week 5 Monday) I think i will try it out.
Catgal63

Post by Catgal63 »

Thanks Timl2k10! I will check that out too. I do need to transition to running outside since almost all of my running has been on my treadmill. I did my last run outside and it was quite a shock for me. The weather is getting colder now so this may be more difficult, but I will manage best I can. Keep up the good work! A few more weeks and you will be done too! Amazing, isn't it?
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Congratulations Catgal63! I am afraid I can't help on the 'increasing your speed suggestions' as I am a couple of weeks behind you and will be needing the same advice (only running my 25 min runs at around 4.5 mph too) but well done! :D